sync problem and how to delete multiple photos

I just got my fuze. Nice toy. When I first synced it to my computer it put all my photos, videos and music on it, which i don’t want. Couldn’t see how to control this in the manual. Also now i have a ton of stuff on my device i want off. How can I accomplish this quickly. So I need to know how to sync just the files i want on the device and get rid of the ones on there that I want off (without deleting them one at a time).  Thanks for any help.

Windows Media Player strikes again! But first, to get everything off and start over with a clean slate, go into Settings > System Settings & choose the Format command. This will erase everything in the memory (but not firmware or operating files, so don’t worry).

Now, so this doesn’t happen again, without the Fuze connected, go into the settings/options of WMP and change it from it’s default setting of Auto-Sync to Manual Sync. From then on, you will get to decide what gets synced and what doesn’t.

Or rather than syncing, just drag & drop the files (be they music or photos) you want to transfer from your computer to your Fuze. You don’t need no stinkin’ WMP! :wink:

Message Edited by Tapeworm on 10-23-2009 12:46 PM

Oh God, really!!! I thought I hated itunes, lol! Is there really no other solution??? Fortunately i only spent a few hours putting music on this thing. Please someone tell me there is another solution.

Ian

@tapeworm wrote:

without the Fuze connected, go into the settings/options of WMP and change it from it’s default setting of Auto-Sync top Manual Sync. From then on, you will get to decide what gets synced and what doesn’t.

To remove the other files, open Explore or My computer and delete them from there. 

One at a time, you have to do it manually on the device itself.  Either open the file (song, photo, etc), press the button of the scroll for the options and choose delete.

I am trying to turn off automatic sync on my fuze but cannot find the menu option.  I read the help folder and it didn’t really help. I know it’s there, but i can’t find it. I want to switch to manual sync.

Ian

@iantemple wrote:

I am trying to turn off automatic sync on my fuze but cannot find the menu option.  I read the help folder and it didn’t really help. I know it’s there, but i can’t find it. I want to switch to manual sync.

Ian

It’s not on your Fuze. It’s a setting in WMP.

I am very frustrated with this device. Seems like organizing one’s music the way one wants to should be a fairly basic feature of these devices. I have tried - updading the firmware, formating the device, dragging and dropping my forlders one at a time onto the fuze but the device still organizes my files in a bizzare way that barely resembles my system. I am almost ready to ditch this thing and try a different device. Wayyyyyyyyyy too much trouble here.

If it would only organize the files the way WMP does that would be an improvement. There doesn’t seem to be much logic to the way this device it doing it.

If you have the latest firmware, and you say you do, then scroll down through Music past Artist, Album, etc. to see Folders. That should show your music organized in folders as in Windows Explorer.

Or see what’s going on with ID3 tags, as used by virtually every mp3 player as well as computer players like WMP, Winamp, iTunes, etc. at this FAQ:

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=announcements&thread.id=201&view=by\_date\_ascending&page=1

You’d have to run your existing folders through mp3tag to get the right tag version, as explained in the FAQ, which could take a while depending on how much you have. But running each new folder through mp3tag is a matter of seconds. Up to you–not required.  You can use Folders if you prefer.

Thanks for all the help. All is well:smileyvery-happy:

I recentely bought an adapter for the Fuze to play it on my car stereo. The adapter is an FM converter. It works ok but the sound quality is really poor. I assume that is because MP3"s are poor quality recordings. Can they be changed to improve the sound quality. If so does it have to be done one at a time to every song, or is there a way to do batches of songs/ folders?