stuck on 'refreshing media' / Sansa Fuze 8gb

After reading a bit more on another thread, I decided to ‘format’ the device to see if that helped via the following method:

“put device in Lock (slide the Power switch to Hold position). Then as you connect to PC, press and hold the Rewind button.  This will force your Fuze to connect in MSC mode.  It will show up just like a USB drive, so you can right click format it.”

After formatting the Fuze, I added some tracks, refreshed media. They worked ok.
I added some other tracks. They worked ok.
Added a few more. Froze upon ‘refresh media’ << I suspect a problem with some MP3, maybe corrupt.

Ran MP3val and it identified some of my MP3 files have ‘problems’ I have ‘repaired’ them with the application, but still the Fuze gets stuck on refreshing.

In reply to  daytona955 I tried what you suggested, I found some culprits so far in the form of *.ogg files. Does this device support these? I am pretty sure they were working previously.

For now I am thinking of rolling back the firmware. I am going on holiday in 2 days time so do not have much time to test much…