'static' when playing music on sansa fuze

I updated the firmware recently, and after a while I noticed that I hear some static whilst playing music, especially whilst changing the volume level. You know, slight ‘cracks’.

Now I figured the headphones were broke, but I tried with several others, and it’s still the same. It seems very weird to me that this can happen.

Does anyone know what might be wrong, and better yet come up with a solution? Thanks in advance.

Try

1. Resetting the unit by holding the slding power switch on the side in the uppermost position for 30 seconds. Restart and see if it plays normally now. If no different, then
  2. Manually re-apply the firmware.

Thanks for the reply, sorry for the delay. The static actually doesn’t happen when i don’t touch the ‘volume button’; only when i change the volume. I never noticed it before, so I guess it’s not supposed to be like that, right? Oh yeah, I of course did the things you told me to, but with no positive result.

You could have some dust, pocket lint, etc. underneath the scroll wheel causing the static when turning the wheel, as in changing the volume. You could try some spray (arosol) electrical contact cleaner (or even just compressed air), spraying it under the scroll wheel.

No, it’s not supposed to be like that. You could have some dust, pocket lint, etc. underneath the scroll wheel causing the static when turning the wheel, as in changing the volume. You could try some spray (aerosol) electrical contact cleaner (or even just compressed air), spraying it under the scroll wheel.