spectrum analyzer display

I notice that if you push the center button of the thumbwheel while in the “Now Playing” screen, a nice spectrum analyzer display replaces the progress bar.  I thought this was a nice thing until I noticed that it only lasts about 20 seconds and then returns to the progress bar.  Am I missing something?  What is the point of this display if it only lasts about 20 seconds?  I’m wondering if I’m doing something wrong, or if there’s something wrong with my player.  Is this the way it’s supposed to work?  If it is it’s really STUPID!  Anybody know how to make it stay on?

Thanks

fzone46 wrote:

Am I missing something? NO

What is the point of this display if it only lasts about 20 seconds? NOTHING

Is this the way it’s supposed to work? YES

If it is it’s really STUPID! YES

Anybody know how to make it stay on? NO

Thanks YOU’RE WELCOME

I have to say it again…STUPID…!  I timed it and it actually lasts 10 seconds, yet the tiny album art picture will display until you change it.  It has to be a glitch in the firmware.  It should be just the opposite. I think the spectrum analyzer is a lot more  interesting to watch then the album art picture.  Hope they fix this in the next firmware…  

I agree that it seems to be a little stupid . . . but then who stares constantly at their player while it’s playing music? (No, I’m not saying someone who does is stupid) If you’re watching a movie, that’s one thing but I don’t know of anyone who "watches’ their mp3 player play music. :wink:

Come to think of it, with all the TVs going bigger, flat-screen, bigger, wide-screen, bigger, plasma, bigger, High-Def, did I mention bigger?; the concept of watching a movie on a 2" x 2" screen with a magnifying glass on a device designed to play music seems just a little . . . well . . . :stuck_out_tongue:

I think a spectrum analyzer display is kind of fun to watch.  Kind of like mini-fireworks…LOL…  People like them. That’s why they’ve put them on stereo equipment since what…the early 80’s?  They’re on every  software media player I’ve ever seen.  Why?  Because people like them…  and if they’re going to put one on the Fuze you think they would let it run for more than 10 seconds before defaulting back the the REALLY INTERESTING progress bar.  Not that I’d spend hours watching it, but 10 seconds is not much of a show.  I think they just screwed up the firmware… either that or they’re just really mean…  :slight_smile:

Message Edited by fzone46 on 09-03-2008 04:42 PM

Message Edited by fzone46 on 09-03-2008 04:47 PM

I have to agree - I’d rather have the spectrum analyzer than the progress bar as the default option…

It’s intentional, but I agree, I never understood that. It was the same on the e200’s.

At least the Fuze’s works faster than the e200’s!