sansa fuze media converter problem

when i downloaded the converter for my fuze it worked well for my photos, but for my videos does not convert and the converter doesn’t reconize my fuze when i plug it in. but it is reconized on my usb ports and my wmp 9. so what should i do?

What Operating System are you using?  You need at least Windows XP, and you really should have Windows Media Player 11 installed, not 9.  Your player is only being recognized in MSC mode at this time, and the Media Converter will not see it in MSC mode (at least on my computer it does not).

What version is the SMC?  Be sure to have .236. 

Sansa Support Page:  http://www.sandisk.com/sansa/#/support-0/   

Select the Fuze from the drop down menu.

The Fuze does work in MSC mode so that is not the problem but you should have WMP 11. 

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/download/AllDownloads.aspx?displang=en&qstechnology 

What type of movie file are you trying to convert?

Go Sansa!

im on windows xp home edition. and at the moment i dont have an internet connection so i copying from disks. so when i get my internet back i’ll download wmp 11. but i got the converter from my college computer and it doesn’t reconize my fuze.   i tried to convert avi.

What does the SMC convert the videos into, and the SMC does not reconize my Sansa Fuze I need to know what the output of the SMC is

Take a number. I don’t think anyone is able to use SMC without problems. If you don’t want to deal with it, Download WinAvi and use that to convert your videos. Then Drag + Drop them to the videos folder on your player. They have to be on the player itself, most flash cards won’t allow video playback with the fuze.

The ideal settings for WinAvi are:

1. files should be in Xvid format. 

2. use the ‘to Avi’ format.

3. set the height/width/framerate to 224x176 @ 20 fps.

4. profit. 

@boburanus wrote:

Take a number. I don’t think anyone is able to use SMC without problems. If you don’t want to deal with it, Download WinAvi and use that to convert your videos. Then Drag + Drop them to the videos folder on your player. They have to be on the player itself, most flash cards won’t allow video playback with the fuze.

The ideal settings for WinAvi are:

1. files should be in Xvid format. 
  1. use the ‘to Avi’ format.

@3. set the height/width/framerate to 224x176 @ 20 fps.

1. profit. 

I Use SMC without a problem. That does not mean I like it. I lovehow sometimes the output file is bigger than the origional. My suggestion is WinAvi (If you want to pay) and then Drag and Drop, or Any-Video-Converter (Free) to convert to files that the fuze likes and then SMC to add it.

what are the exact things you have to do to convert it for the fuze cause i have been trying for three days now but i still can’t do it. when i put it on the fuze it says media is not suported 

Everything you really need to know is already posted.  Just google AnyVideoConverter to download it or go to CNET to get the download.  AnyVideoConverter is a good free program, I find it easy to use and it also downloads YouTube videos too.  Just convert to an .avi and then run it through Sansa Media Converter to your fuze.  Done.  Enjoy.