sansa fuze folder empty in the coputer

first time i get this problem, when i connect my sansa fuze it recognize it.

but when i enter the sansa fuze folder its empty!

but in sansa fuze its fine

what this problem appear and how i fix it?

ty in advance.

Message Edited by tz2000 on 10-10-2009 10:10 PM

The Fuze may be connected in the alternate USB mode.  Files transferred in MTP mode are not available when connected in MSC, and vice versa.  If you are using Auto Detect Mode, the connection may have flipped to the other mode.

Another case where the USB mode will flip is following a firmware update.

Check your USB Mode setting via Settings > System Settings > USB Mode on the Fuze. 

Bob :smileyvery-happy:

This happened to me too, and flipping USB mode didn’t help.

The stuff I had loaded was gone from windows explorer, even

though it still shows up on the Fuze. I suggest making a backup

of your music folder onto your computer so that if it happens again 

you just copy it back.

There’s nothing magical about this. If it’s on the Fuze, your computer should be able to see it in one mode or the other.

However, Windows likes to hide things. Look in your (Windows) Help for “hidden files” and how to un-hide them.

Same thing here, empty folder but all my music is found in My Recordings. Is there any reason to have it in the folder too?

@black_rectangle wrote:

There’s nothing magical about this. If it’s on the Fuze, your computer should be able to see it in one mode or the other.

However, Windows likes to hide things. Look in your (Windows) Help for “hidden files” and how to un-hide them.

I understand your suggestion abot the folder views in Windows, and unfortunately, that does not correct the issue. I also understand that the USB settings should be checked. In my incident, the songs were not visible in Windows in either USB setting. My incident ocurred after I rebooted my Windows computer with the Fuze attached via the USB cable. That should not have had any effect, and it may be a coincidence. I think it may be an issue for your engineers, as it seems to be happening with some frequency. But, I really don’t know…

@benboy  I don’t work for SanDisk. But WMPlayer should be able to find all files that were transferred in MTP mode, and Windows Explorer should find all MSC files. Did you change to a computer that doesn’t have WMP 10 or 11?  (XP came with WMP 9.) That’s the only thing I can think of  that wouldn’t find files that were transferred in MTP.  If they were transferred in MSC, and hidden files are viewable, then I’m baffled. 

“With some frequency”…well, no. Changing mode usually solves the problem. 

@Siclmn …The Fuze searches the whole unit for mp3s. It doesn’t matter where they are. No need to duplicate them.