sansa fuze does not show audiobooks

Although I can see the folder audiobook and audible with a computer I cant play them . I updated to V01.02.31 but that did not help. In the internal information the audiobooks are noted. Has anybody an idea for me  ? Would rockbox help ?

Why can you play them? What happens? Do you receive a error message? If they are Audible files, did you load them with Audible’s software? Did you authorize the device using that software? Is your player is MTP mode (required for DRM-crippled files)?

If indeed they are DRM files no, Rockbox will not help. RB does not support DRM files and operates in MSC mode only.

Hello Tapeworm ! Thank you for trying to help me !

I loaded the audible via audible-manager. But its the same with normal audiobooks  put in the folder audiobooks. They are there, I can see it in the computer-window.

But when I Try to find them on fuze after taking it off the computer, there is only music, settings, voice, FM-radio photos and  videos I can select, no audiobooks nor audible-folder I can choose.

I have no Idea about MTP-Mode DRM- files . How can i see that ?

Regards , Sabine

It’s been a while since I had my Fuze, but if I remember correctly you access Audio Books (on the player) through the Music menu. It’s not a separate Main Menu option

well, its not between the music either.

You don’t have an “Audio Books” listing in the Music menu? Did you scroll down through the entire list?

Exact, no Audiobooks in the music list.

Keep scrolling past the first page of listings in Music. There’s more than one screenful, keep turning the wheel. Audiobooks is under Podcasts.

If it’s not there,

go to this thread and follow the instructions for MANUAL firmware update.

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Sansa-Fuze/Sansa-Fuze-Firmware-Update-01-02-31-amp-02-03-33/td-p/139175

@black_rectangle wrote:

Keep scrolling past the first page of listings in Music. There’s more than one screenful, keep turning the wheel. Audiobooks is under Podcasts.

I don’t remember, and I don’t have my (original) Fuze anymore . . . Is Audiobooks under Podcasts on this model too, or just the Fuze+?

After you select music,  you will see a list- play all, recently added, artists, albums, songs, genres, my top rated, playlists, podcasts, audiobooks, recordings, folders. Pick audiobooks from the list. It does seem strange that Sandisk’s programmers consider audiobooks and podcasts as types of music.

After all your helping ideas I managed to find the books, so it was all my mistake from the beginning !THANK YOU , Tapeworm and JK98  !!

@jk98 wrote:

After you select music,  you will see a list- play all, recently added, artists, albums, songs, genres, my top rated, playlists, podcasts, audiobooks, recordings, folders. Pick audiobooks from the list. It does seem strange that Sandisk’s programmers consider audiobooks and podcasts as types of music.

Helpful tip! I was able to guide my uncle using that guide.