sansa fuse malfunction

@wnh305 wrote:

I have a similar problem.  The unit works fine as long at it is connected to a charging cord.  When i disconnect it the unit locks up and will not function.  The battery is showing as fully charged.  The unit functions disconnected from power in the radio mode.  However i can only turn the unit on using a power cord.  It will not turn on without being connected to some form of external power.  I have tried to reset the unit 20-30 times and always the same results.   Please Help.  I love my Fuze.

I’m no expert when it comes to Macs, but is it possible to run some sort of hard drive file system error checker? That may solve your problems. If not, find someone who has a Windows PC, connect it in MSC Mode, and run Check Disk (If you click on the link, it will say something about taking several hours to complete. This applys to most hard drive, as they are huge, and there is a lot of space to check. However, this does not apply to the Fuze, as it is small, and only holds up to 8 Gigs, depending on the player, plus the space of your card).