recording to the microSD?

Hi,

when i’m recording audio on the fuze it is been placed on the local memory of the player.

Can I record something straight to the microSD memory?

Tnx!

No.  The recording function uses the onboard memory.  You can transfer the recording to the µSD card after the recording is completed.  I like to archive recordings as mp3 files, saving plenty of space for music.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Thank you for the fast reply!

I can transfer via the player or you means by the computer?

the issue is that i’m recording A LOT and a PC is not always available on my recording time.

Tnx!

You can get quite a few hours of recording time, especially with the new 4 or 8GB device. 

The date and time stamp format from the Sansa Fuze and e200 makes it easy to keep track of your recordings, compared against the Clip’s default sequential listing.

When you plug in to the PC, simply drag and drop the wav files to the PC, and using any one of many encoders, convert the files to MP3.  I prefer to keep the date/time stamp intact on them.  This way, you can always retransfer the file as mp3 to the Sansa, if you need to refer to it “on the go”.

I’d place them in the podcast folder, so that the “shuffle” mode doesn’t mix recordings with your music.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

@priov wrote:

the issue is that i’m recording A LOT and a PC is not always available on my recording time.

It has to be via a computer. You could get a bigger microSDHC card and use it for everything except current recordings.

@bdb wrote:

@priov wrote:

It has to be via a computer. You could get a bigger microSDHC card and use it for everything except current recordings.

Unfortunately the Fuze only has a 2 1/2 hour recording limit, or something close to that.  Doesn’t matter how many audio recordings you do.  I just checked mine and I have 37 minutes left. 

I think transfering it is the only option and have a back up cheap recording device just in case.

As the wee beastie is in your pocket and close by, it’s a good idea to break the recordings into 1 or 2 hour intervals anyway.

Bob  :wink:

Message Edited by neutron_bob on 12-02-2008 10:59 AM

Great idea! Recording to the card would make the device much more flexible, especially when the onboard memory is already loaded up with other data, which limits the recording time!

@groovenectar wrote:
Great idea! Recording to the card would make the device much more flexible, especially when the onboard memory is already loaded up with other data, which limits the recording time!

Groove -

You may want to re-read this thread. It seems you mis-understood. Recording directly to the card is not possible; only to the player’s internal memory. You can then transfer to file to the card via a computer. :wink:

Hehhe I know, I’m saying it would be a brilliant idea to have that feature! But I’d say much lower on the priority list than faster scrolling…

Message Edited by groovenectar on 12-02-2008 07:05 PM

Message Edited by groovenectar on 12-02-2008 07:06 PM

And a whole gaggle of fixes and other goodies . . .

Many tools have the features to record songs to MicroSD. For example, such as the free recorders online. But if you want to keep good quality, you’d better use a professional Audio Recorder, then you can keep the best audio converter.