question on how to use micro card

Will it automatically default when the unit is full? Or do you manually put some artists on the card and some in the device?

Ok, I just put a converted video on the micro card in the msc folder by dragging and dropping and I can’t play it on the fuze. I know I’m doing something wrong, overlooking something obvious or something, I just need to know what it is.

I’m such a dinosaur. :cry:

ok, i copied the movie to the video folder and still cannot see it! AAAAAAaaaaaahahhhhhhhh

prehaps try converting with video4fuze instead of smc. works for me

mcostas wrote:
Will it automatically default when the unit is full? Or do you manually put some artists on the card and some in the device?

This is a common question people have who have never used one of these devices with a memory card in it before.

You have to specify the memory location where you want to store the file, internal or memory card regardless of whether you stync your music over or drag & drop the files. It won’t automatically switch over to the memory card once the internal memory space is full.

mcostas wrote:

Ok, I just put a converted video on the micro card in the msc folder by dragging and dropping and I can’t play it on the fuze. I know I’m doing something wrong, overlooking something obvious or something, I just need to know what it is.

I’m such a dinosaur. :cry:

Wait a minute . . . wasn’t that a line in a Johnny Cash song? 

Cheer up, Barney. Switch the safety back on that AK! :smileyvery-happy:

If you’re using the Sansa Media Converter, you cannot simply drag & drop a video file to your player. The SMC converts and transfers all at the same time. One of the quirks of using this masterful piece of software engineering however, is that 99% of the time you must first use another conversion program to ‘set it up’ for SMC in order for the end result being a video that will actually play.

If you want to just drag & drop, use a different system other than SMC like the ones suggested in this post.

Oh, I think I get it now. 

The instuctions that came with it were pretty limited. It mentioned nothing about syncing, it said “just drag and drop to play music. Have fun!” and has increased my learning curve through misinformation. :manvery-happy:

I read the instructions on the web and they weren’t much better. So I have been asking any and all stupid questions here, because y’all don’t know me in real life so it doesn’t matter. :smileyvery-happy:  People in real life will be impressed when I know stuff.

{these gif.s aren’t very good, how do you insert your own?}

mcostas wrote:

Oh, I think I get it now. 

The instuctions that came with it were pretty limited. It mentioned nothing about syncing, it said "just drag and drop to play music.

Maybe not. Weren’t you asking about adding videos, not music?

I was wondering about videos this time. I wondered about music the last time, I attempted to drag and drop cd’s at first.

mcostas wrote: 
I attempted to drag and drop cd’s at first.

And how sucessful were you at this?

No that was NOT a line in a Johnny Cash song. The line you are thinking of:

“Well, I shot a man in Reno… just to watch him die…”

Peregrine wrote:

I know . . . but it was pretty close. :stuck_out_tongue:

Peregrine wrote:

Yeah, I know . . . but it was pretty close, wasn’t it? :smileyvery-happy: