problems with chapters in Bible MP3 for Fuze

I purchased a Fuze for my wife along with a 4 disk set containing the Bible and am having problem organizing it so it is easy to access the individual chapters without having to scroll through all 1100+ files. Does anyone have detailed instructions on how this can be organized a little better?

I did one 4 cd book with the cd’s numbered, except cd1.  It recorded over it, so on CD2 I put it as “White Oleander–2” and so on through 4.  Then I synced each CD spearate (probably why it copied over CD1 with CD2).  This way it divided it up into the CD’s and each CD has it’s own separate “audiobook” setting. 

This might help divide it up better.  

Message Edited by Dalaug234 on 09-16-2008 08:07 AM

I suggest you download the free software mp3Tag. With it, you can easily edit the ID3 tags. With mp3Tag, you can easily give a folder of files the same artist tag or album tag, or have the tracks automatically numbered(the player sorts by track number within an album). 1100+ files together seems not very manageable. You might want to separate the old testament from the new one and put one in the audiobook folder and one in the podcast folder, so they don’t get mixed in with your music. Or else you coluld put them all in the audiobook folder, and have the name of the book as the album tag. You didn’t describe how they are sorted now. You might be able to make use of the current organization to help tag or retag the files.

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

I was thinking of organizing it by books such as Genesis, Exodus, etc. What woulf be the best way to do this? This would reduce it to about 50 chapters to select and then you could select the individual files.

How are the files arranged now? In a heirarchy of folders? Since there are so many files, you need to first take a good look at how they are organized now, and then you may get an idea of how to tag or retag them. Having each book as a separate album will work. Then you need to have the tracks numbered properly so they play in the correct order.

My mp3 Bible is loaded into audiobooks by Book. It’s like each book is an album and each chapter is a song within the album. The only (small) problem I have is that it’s organized alphabetically. It starts with Acts, Amos…instead of OT to NT.

This sounds like it would work. Did you just create a folder for each book by name? To get them in order you could add a number to the front to put it in the correct order.

Actually, I loaded mine into Rhapsody and changed the tags to “audiobook” and it did the rest. I did think about assinging numbers 1-66 to each book, but I was too lazy!

"This sounds like it would work. Did you just create a folder for each book by name? To get them in order you could add a number to the front to put it in the correct order. "

The Fuze navigates by tags, not by folder. So instead of having a separate folder for each book, you need to have a separate album name for each book. To keep things in the correct order with the album, the Fuze uses the track number tag. That is why you need to use a program like mp3Tag or Rhapsody to edit the tags if the tracks aren’t all numbered, or are numbered incorrectly. The player also shows the title tag, and not the filename. MP3Tag has nice feature that will let you set the title tag equal to the filename(minus the extension) for a whole folder of files on your pc in just one step.

Message Edited by JK98 on 09-16-2008 08:30 PM

"My mp3 Bible is loaded into audiobooks by Book. It’s like each book is an album and each chapter is a song within the album. The only (small) problem I have is that it’s organized alphabetically. It starts with Acts, Amos…instead of OT to NT. "

You could use OT and NT as the artist designations to separate the OT books from the NT books. Since the albums  are listed alphabetically, you could put a prefix number in front of them so that they are listed in the correct order rather than alphabetic order.

Message Edited by JK98 on 09-25-2008 05:29 PM

@jawisa wrote:
I was thinking of organizing it by books such as Genesis, Exodus, etc. What woulf be the best way to do this? This would reduce it to about 50 chapters to select and then you could select the individual files.

If it’s not already split into individual chapter files within each book, that’s how I would start. Have one folder with everything inside of it. Then two folders in that, one Old Testament and one New Testament. Then inside each of those are the individual books (OT in the OT folder, NT in the NT folder), each in their own folder. Then each chapter is a separate file, named, say, “Nehemiah 04,” and you put the info in the ID3 tags to reflect it. So, artist would be “Bible - Old Testament” or just “OT,” the album would be “Nehemiah,” and each file would be the chapter number, “Nehemiah 04,” etc. That way, when you browse, each book shows up as an album within the testament, and you can skip to whatever chapter you want to listen to.

At least, that’s what I did. Tagging takes a few hours, but I’m a bit obsessive, too.