playlist relative path format?

@skinjob wrote:

@jehr wrote:

Here’s what my sample playlist looks like, exact copy and paste:

#EXTM3U

3 Doors Down\Away From The Sun\3 Doors Down - Away From the Sun - When I’m Gone.MP3

This is in the music folder.  I have a folder called “3 Doors Down” in the Music Folder, and it has the “Away From the Sun” folder inside of it.  And inside of that is a file called “How You Remind Me.MP3”

The file is called “albumtest1.m3u” and it is in the music folder.

Doesn’t work.

I created another one called “songtest1.m3u” that is in the 3 Doors Down\Away From The Sun\ folder.  It looks like this:

#EXTM3U

3 Doors Down - Away From the Sun - When I’m Gone.MP3

Doesn’t work either.  Both say they’re empty.

Does it matter if these are ANSI encoded?  I thought I read somewhere they had to be encoded in ASCII, but I don’t have that option. My only options are ANSI, unicode, unicode big endian, and UTF-8.

Both your examples look correct and should work.  ANSI should be the proper encoding for m3u.  m3u8 would be unicode.

Just to make sure about a couple things:

• you have the latest FW
  • you are using MSC mode
  • your files were added under MSC mode
  • your tags are id3v2.3 format with ISO-8859-1 encoding (not 2.4 or UTF-8, etc.)

Could the issue possiblly be tag related?  I’ve heard of some weird playlist/playback problems with bad tags or formats other than id3v2.3 ISO.

In your example above, can the “3 Doors Down - Away From the Sun - When I’m Gone.MP3” file be played normally by browsing the artist/album list?  And does all the tag info appear correctly when played?

Yes to your last question.  I’m highly doubtful it’s a tag issue.  Even if I did have tag issues, the tags within the files shouldn’t prevent the OS on the fuze from properly reading the playlist and displaying the file names that are listed in that playlist.  I was using ANSI, and I am using the latest firmware downloaded from this site as of last week.  I was using MSC mode, and all files were added under MSC mode.