playlist hell

I can’t get the playlist to work. I have read all the solutions in the forum and I still can’t get it to work for me. In Winamp I have them all looking as if they are correctly files but when I turn on the player they are not there.I have tried wmp and I can’t work out how to do it there which is why I used winamp. Winamp seems easy with its drag and drop but it isn’t showing what is happening in reality inside the player. Can someone explain how to make it work please?

I found it very easy to create playlists with drag and drop method using Playlist Creator (free–Google it). I connect the Fuze in MSC model, drag songs or folders from the Fuze  or expansion card drive to Playlist Creator, then save the playlist to the /MUSIC dir of the Fuze or expansion card (use RELATIVE PATHS option with Playlist creator).

Note that you can make playlists of songs on the card or internal memory, but you can’t include songs from both in a single playlist.

It’s really a lot easier than a some of these posts make it sound, at least that’s my experience!

@dizz wrote:
I can’t get the playlist to work. I have read all the solutions in the forum and I still can’t get it to work for me. In Winamp I have them all looking as if they are correctly files but when I turn on the player they are not there.I have tried wmp and I can’t work out how to do it there which is why I used winamp. Winamp seems easy with its drag and drop but it isn’t showing what is happening in reality inside the player. Can someone explain how to make it work please?

It depends on which USB mode you are using and if you are talking about manually creating playlists of files already on the Fuze or automatically syncing playlists from your computer.

The simplest case is MSC mode and manually creating playlists of files already on the Fuze.  In that case, just drag files from the Fuze into Winamp’s playlist editor, arrange as desired, and save the playlist to the Fuze’s MUSIC folder.

When I put it on MSC mode the Fuze shows no files at all on Windows Explorer view. They only show up when I switch it back to auto detect mode.

To view your files in a spesific mode try MTP then… It has to be one or the other, Easiest way to get them into MSC from MTP is Copy them out of MTP to your desktop and then switch modes and copy them into MSC. FYI this wont work if you have DRMs on your music. Then in MSC you can create playlists as described above

@dizz wrote:
When I put it on MSC mode the Fuze shows no files at all on Windows Explorer view. They only show up when I switch it back to auto detect mode.

From the PC, you can’t see files you put on the player using MTP if the player is connected in MSC mode, and vice versa.

If you want to connect in MTP mode,  Windows Explorer can make playlists. Go to the Fuze music folder, select some tracks or album folders (so they are highlighted), right click, and creatre a play list. If you want, you can rename the play list, edit it (the tracks will not be in any sensible order), and move it to the Playlists folder - but you don’t have to.

This procedure doesn’t work so well for tracks on the microSD card.