play speed for music

maybe they could add the “play speed” option for music like there is for audiobooks?

and some more wallpaper options

@differentchick5 wrote:

maybe they could add the “play speed” option for music like there is for audiobooks?

WHY?

@conversionbox wrote:

@differentchick5 wrote:

WHY?

I’m wondering the exact same thing… 

for fun

as a way to spice up ur music files

@differentchick5 wrote:

for fun

as a way to spice up ur music files

So you want perfectly to sound like Alvin and the Chipmunks, or like its demonicly possessed. This is one suggestion that makes almost no sense

@differentchick5 wrote:

Um, absolutely not!!

Did you miss the whole saga of people upset about their Fuzes playing the tiniest bit offspeed? 

It would be useful for musicians. Lots of track are recorded tuned sharp or flat. When you wanted to play along you could adjust the playback speed instead of retuning for every song. (I’ve done this on rockbox).

@narf wrote:
It would be useful for musicians. Lots of track are recorded tuned sharp or flat. When you wanted to play along you could adjust the playback speed instead of retuning for every song. (I’ve done this on rockbox).

But that would only work with pitch correction. This is not something that currently is on the player, and I dont know if its possible. So Yeah I didnt think about musicians, but at the same time it seems to be too much work.

Actually what I was talking about wouldn’t need pitch correction, as you sped up or slowed down the track the pitch would shift to change the tuning. Just like what’s on the podcasts now, but with much finer adjustment.

@narf wrote:
Actually what I was talking about wouldn’t need pitch correction, as you sped up or slowed down the track the pitch would shift to change the tuning. Just like what’s on the podcasts now, but with much finer adjustment.

AHH I stand corrected. Makes a little sense. Although as a Muisicain I have a totally seperate player for that stuff, and would not want to use the Fuze for work as a musician.

You can use a Cowon S9 for your musician workstuff, it has playback speed adjustment, with pitch correction if you want.

just drop your music into the audiobooks folder.

@conversionbox wrote:

@narf wrote:

AHH I stand corrected. Makes a little sense. Although as a Muisicain I have a totally seperate player for that stuff, and would not want to use the Fuze for work as a musician.

Agreed 100%.  The fuze is a very nice product for what it is; but I would in no way consider it for making or rehearsing music myself.  There are far more capable and dedicated products for those applications.

Message Edited by fuze_owner-GB on 04-07-2009 03:14 AM

THe thread progression is getting predictable.  (see gapless, playing in tune, navigate by directories, …)

1. Someone makes a suggestion, whether an added feature, or fixing up something that doesn’t quite work right.

2. Response, “why do you want that?”

3. Response,  “I’m not sure the hardware is capable, and it would be terribly difficult to program”

4. Response, “It’s been done on much older. less capable, more memory bound processors from the dawn of portable mp3’s; examples: xxx, xxx, xxx.  Plus, Rockbox has it now on the Sansa e200 (and other brands)”

5. If it’s not what I want in a DAP, then you shouldn’t want it either. 

6. Response, “If you want that, you should buy professional gear.  Don’t ask for it on a consumer model.” 

@donp wrote:

THe thread progression is getting predictable.  (see gapless, playing in tune, navigate by directories, …)

1. Someone makes a suggestion, whether an added feature, or fixing up something that doesn’t quite work right.

1. Response, “why do you want that?”

1. Response,  “I’m not sure the hardware is capable, and it would be terribly difficult to program”

1. Response, “It’s been done on much older. less capable, more memory bound processors from the dawn of portable mp3’s; examples: xxx, xxx, xxx.  Plus, Rockbox has it now on the Sansa e200 (and other brands)”

1. If it’s not what I want in a DAP, then you shouldn’t want it either. 

1. Response, “If you want that, you should buy professional gear.  Don’t ask for it on a consumer model.” 

You beat me to it! It’s like there is a template for responses. I guess I’ll just keep using my 5 year old iRiver ihp120 running rockbox for learning songs.  :wink:

@donp wrote:

1. Response, “why do you want that?”

1. Response,  “I’m not sure the hardware is capable, and it would be terribly difficult to program”

1. Response, “It’s been done on much older. less capable, more memory bound processors from the dawn of portable mp3’s; examples: xxx, xxx, xxx.  Plus, Rockbox has it now on the Sansa e200 (and other brands)”

1. If it’s not what I want in a DAP, then you shouldn’t want it either. 

6) Response, “If you want that, you should buy professional gear.  Don’t ask for it on a consumer model.” 

This forum is about letting Sandisk know our feelings about features that are present or not yet present on the current models.  I’m just stating what I want in a player, not what everyone else should want or expect.

It is Sandisk’s call which features they feel would be a benefit to them (as in increased sales) or to customer’s requests.

For me personally, I just don’t want the fuze to get so cluttered with features that it ceases to be what it is now; a great MUSIC player.  Also for my usage, the fuze is just about at the edge of usefulness and functionality.  If I have to scroll past one more feature that I don’t want or need, I will just stop using the player altogether.

I’m not saying how other people should use the product, I’m just letting Sandisk know how I use it, so they can use that information to better serve their customers as a whole.

Even though I purchased my 2 fuzes first, I find myself using my recently purchased clips more, simply because I use the device as a music player; not a unit to watch movies or as a device to practice with for my musical performances.

Though a pitch trim correction would be nice, I don’t know if it really fits into the overall package of the little Fuze.  I’m looking forward to a correction in the clock, making it closer, and that would suffice for my needs.

For professional use, I have a pitch trim control on the big RT-909, with its NAB reels and 1/4 inch tape.  This is much better to play along with, versus fumbling with a pocket DAP.

As long as the playback speed of the Fuze is close (I have faith that it will!), I’m a happy camper.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

@neutron_bob wrote:

Though a pitch trim correction would be nice, I don’t know if it really fits into the overall package of the little Fuze.  I’m looking forward to a correction in the clock, making it closer, and that would suffice for my needs.

For professional use, I have a pitch trim control on the big RT-909, with its NAB reels and 1/4 inch tape.  This is much better to play along with, versus fumbling with a pocket DAP.

As long as the playback speed of the Fuze is close (I have faith that it will!), I’m a happy camper.

Is that one of these Bob?That’s what I call kicking it old school! :smileyvery-happy:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@neutron_bob wrote:

Is that one of these Bob?That’s what I call kicking it old school! :smileyvery-happy:

I got one of those in the studio… I dont know how it works though.

Yep!  That’s my beastie.  I kept the Studer Revox NAB hubs spun aluminum, from my B77.  I had a good friend with TDK, and he was my pipeline for cases of tasty mastering tape.  I have rebuilt this Pioneer, with a new head stack, and the “holey” brushed aluminum head plate.

I had the chance to review some masters from friends over the years.  A proper analog master (2-track final mix) sounds great on this toy.

But, it isn’t very portable.  So, I LOVE my wee Sansas!!

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: