.pla playlist length

@drlucky wrote:
the old firmware posts are still here you just have to look for them. here is one of the older one where an enchantment was expanding the go list to 200 songs. 

Ah, good to know.  I thought they were killing the old threads.  Would be nice if they linked all the previous release note threads at the bottom of the current one.

Anyway, I found the one I was thinking of.  It’s actually a Clip FW update.  here’s the relevent item:

• Handle playlists up to 1000 songs.  Fixed playlists with large count taking long time to load.
    • Note: Playlist limited to 1000 songs only applied to .pla playlist.  For .m3u playlist, there is no limitation.

I assumed the same fix was applied to the Fuze, because the next Fuze FW update after that Clip update included the following:

Improved large playlist loading time

Originally both players had two playlist issues: limited size and long loading times.  Certainly, very large m3u playlists seem to be working fine now on both players, but maybe they never ported the MTP playlist fix from the Clip to the Fuze.  Back then they were very good about maintining pairity between the two players, but maybe this one slipped through the cracks.  Again, I only use MSC/m3u, so I never tried the pla fix.  I guess Sansafix or Slotmonsta could confirm.