pioneer avh-p2300

i recently purchased this radio for my 2003 chevrolet cavaliar . its installed and when i try to plug my sansa fuze it reads that files are not playable. any suggestions?

It depends on how the Pioneer reads the drive. Does it see the files and tell you it can’t play them?  Or are the files unseen?

First thing to do is look at any manual that came with the Pioneer and see what it says about USB mode.

Music goes onto the Fuze in two different modes: MTP, controlled by Windows Media Player, or MSC, generic USB mode for drag-and-drop. The Fuze doesn’t care how the music was sent over, but when you make a USB connection, the other device–computer, car stereo–can only see one mode at a time. It’s like a separate partition.

You may have to change the USB Mode (Settings/System Settings/USB Mode) for the Pioneer to connect. You may also have to take your music off and put it on again in the other mode.  And depending on the Pioneer–whether it can read subfolders–you may have to take music out of the Music folder and put it directly onto the driveletter.

Easiest move might be to call Pioneer customer service. If they haven’t heard of the Fuze, tell them you have a device capable of both MTP and MSC mode, and ask which one to use. 

What format are the files? A lot of these units will play .mp3 and .wma but may not read .flac, ogg, or .wav.

Anotehr thought . . . What format are the files? A lot of these units will play .mp3 and .wma but may not read .flac, ogg, or .wav.

Another thought . . . What format are the files? A lot of these units will play .mp3 and .wma but may not read .flac, ogg, or .wav.

Another thought  . . . What format are the files? A lot of these units will play .mp3 and .wma but may not read .flac, ogg, or .wav.