oops.i erased the sansa fuze4gb -mac

brand new Fuze 4gb.

MSC mode.

it was duplicating added songs so i used the disk utility to format [erase] but clicked Mac os [journaled].

bad move. have i completely destroyed this?? please help.

i get the error message

" FAT is corrupted. please connect device to PC and recover FAT."

should i download firmware or what?

i know i need to use a pc to fix this if possible.

thanks for any help given.

mel

Just reformat it from the MAC.

make sure and use ms-dos file type. i would suggest using the format function in the settings menu.

You cant get to the setting menu from this condition.  Just format as FAT32 from the MAC

as for formatting throught the settings menu i was speaking in regards to future formats.

MAC has no FAT32 option in disk utility so make sure and use the MS-DOS selection which is FAT32.  

Message Edited by drlucky on 03-17-2009 03:13 PM

well thanks…but all of you were wrong.

had to download the firmware and reformat from a pc.

our mac guy did it actually here at work.

he’s brilliant.

(well thanks…but all of you were wrong.) LOL!! Ok glad you got your Fuze back up and running but SansaFix is the Man. He was not wrong! if you format to anything other then a fat 32 you will have issues… George

@george_w wrote:

(well thanks…but all of you were wrong.) LOL!! Ok glad you got your Fuze back up and running but SansaFix is the Man. He was not wrong! if you format to anything other then a fat 32 you will have issues… George

Agreed 100%…

I wonder if the next time this person has a problem, if help will be so forthcoming?

Oh, what am I thinking?  They don’t need this forum; they’ll just ask their brilliant mac guy!!!:smileyvery-happy: