ooops, the Fuze fell in a sink full of water!!!

Ok guys, I want some advice on this one.  My in-laws all bought fuze’s based on my advice.  The youngest daughter was getting ready in the morning and her fuze fell in the sink when it was full of water.  It seems to still turn on, the ring around the wheel lights up, but the screen is dead and I can’t make it play music mainly because I can’t find my way to the music without the screen.  what now? Her fuze is about 2 months old…but she just opened it for christmas 2 weeks ago.

Not wanting to be overly optimistic, but, I have had cordless phones, even a camera drop in my pool and after shaking out whatever moisture and allowing it to dry thoroughly, they worked.  Electronics can be very resilient at times.  There is a catch though.  Don’t power it up.  That can lead to a major frying.  I know that you have already powered it up, but maybe all is not lost.  Put it under a lamp (not too close) and let it sit a couple of days, then try it.  Good luck

Try leaving it overnight submerged in a bowl of uncooked rice.

It seems to be working for a lot of people.

“Dry out your soaked gadgets in rice”

Message Edited by Byte on 01-07-2009 01:56 PM

I put my old phone between 2 pieces of wonder bread, and pinched the edeges making a Cell phone Sandwich, the seal it in a ziplock bag with the air pushed out. It worked!

Message Edited by Conversionbox on 01-07-2009 05:09 PM

I think it’s too late for drying out. You turned it on and since there was likely some water in the player it shorted the connection to the screen. Next time make sure you completely dry your player for at least 24 hours before turning on.

Does not matter how quickly you dry it out the Fuze already has water damage, sure it might work for a while but you can bet that the insides are slowly being eaten away by corrosion.

It WILL start acting funny, how fast it goes downhill depends what was in the water at the time. When my wifes phone fell into the toilet before she flushed it only took 2 weeks.

Message Edited by hazza on 01-08-2009 10:21 AM

@hazza wrote:

Does not matter how quickly you dry it out the Fuze already has water damage, sure it might work for a while but you can bet that the insides are slowly being eaten away by corrosion.

It WILL start acting funny, how fast it goes downhill depends what was in the water at the time. When my wifes phone fell into the toilet before she flushed it only took 2 weeks.

Message Edited by hazza on 01-08-2009 10:21 AM

Good to know. My Phone Fell in Distilled water and lasted 2 months. But If I were your wife at that point I would be praying for a quick deterioration.

Problem was she only had the phone on her a plan for a month or so. Luckily I could get a new phone on plan and gave her my old one… she still has it, I have gone through 2 other phones since.

Stupid things are designed for anoerxic 12 yo girls with needles for fingers, I have gigantic heathooks connected to my palms.

AMEN! I work in Radio, Lots of Teeny Tiny Buttons to push. I am also 6’2" 250. With great big Linebacker hands. I struggle some times. I also have my texting turned off simply because the buttons are too small! Thank God for Speed Dial!

@conversionbox wrote:
  I am also 6’2" 250. With great big Linebacker hands.

Don’t make Conversion Box angry. You wouldn’t like him when he’s angry :wink:

A local TV Show Actually showed a hit one time and the Guy right at the time of thr hit said “Hulk Sash Tiny man”

Well, that just plain ■■■■■. However, maybe it might work. I have a really old phone, you cant call anyone since its really old and doesnt work for some reason[the calling] and i still have the charger. I dropped it in a bowl of soup 1 morning and it didnt work. i got a new phone soon after, and put that one away. that was 5 years ago. I tried it on yesterday, after charging it for 1 minute. And guess what. it worked. and i found out i had a couple cool games on it. =] i sold it to a friend at school for 20$.

Never trust phones from used buyers, aka  school and such. ahaha, I actually got 20$ from school. =] I don’t mind karma since the guy i sold it too knocked over my lunch once xD