one of the greatest GUI ideas

Ratings. i think the ratings stars should have a different look.

for instance.

1 star = the third star

2 stars = the first and last star

3 stars = the second third and fourth stars

4 stars = all stars but the middle one

5 stars = one big star.

I think you give your ideas a bit too much credit.

“Lets find a way to make the rating system as confusing as possible” Grrrreat!

I find the Fuze wipes out its ratings every time I connect up, so a better idea might just be to fix that.

@bdb wrote:

I find the Fuze wipes out its ratings every time I connect up, so a better idea might just be to fix that.

Might it be this ‘known issue’ from the most recent Fuze Firmware Update post?

Known Issues
• It takes a long time (2+ min) to delete song if device has lots of content
• There is a pause (less than 1 second) when selecting “Play All” – transition not smooth
• Rating info is lost following database refresh on songs loaded in microSD
• With Rhapsody channels content, press and hold to add Artist to GoList may not work.  Work around is navigate to Album level to add entire albums from one Artist

One would assume that the ‘known issues’ list with one firmware update are elevated to the top of the ‘fix-it’ list for the next release, but then again you all know how to spell ASS|U|ME don’t you? :wink:

You’re asking if people can spell on an Internet forum? :stuck_out_tongue:

@anyatui wrote:

Personally, it wouldn’t upset me a bit if they took the rating system out completely if it would make room (RAM memory-wise) for more important matters, like the database limitation (which they are working on), displaying file info, or other more important functions/features.

Since I’ve already ‘hand-selected’ the songs that go on my player, they’re all going to be a minimum of ‘3 stars’ anyway. Why would I bother loading it with something I would only rate at 1 or 2 and wouldn’t want to listen to? That’s tying up too much valuable real estate.

And going through & ‘rating’ each song ties up too much of my valuable time.

But that’s just me. Your mileage may vary.:wink:

@tapeworm wrote:

@anyatui wrote:

Personally, it wouldn’t upset me a bit if they took the rating system out completely if it would make room (RAM memory-wise) for more important matters, like the database limitation (which they are working on), displaying file info, or other more important functions/features.

Since I’ve already ‘hand-selected’ the songs that go on my player, they’re all going to be a minimum of ‘3 stars’ anyway. Why would I bother loading it with something I would only rate at 1 or 2 and wouldn’t want to listen to? That’s tying up too much valuable real estate.

And going through & ‘rating’ each song ties up too much of my valuable time.

But that’s just me. Your mileage may vary.:wink:

My sentiments 100 %:smiley: