next firmware update

cause my fuze is not showing photos i have about 480 photos an it only shows 0

Photos need to be small .JPG files for the Fuze to be able to show them. I don’t know what the largest size is that it can display, however 640x480 images display fine on the player. Use any image editing software to make small copies of your photos. You could go as low as 220x176 to save space on the player. That  is the player’s screen resolution.

Message Edited by JK98 on 08-08-2009 08:11 PM

@jk98 wrote:

Photos need to be small .JPG files for the Fuze to be able to show them. I don’t know what the largest size is that it can display, however 640x480 images display fine on the player. Use any image editing software to make small copies of your photos. You could go as low as 220x176 to save space on the player. That  is the player’s screen resolution.

Message Edited by JK98 on 08-08-2009 08:11 PM

Small correction: the player’s native screen size is 224x176 pixel.

Images may be as big as 1280x1024 pixel but you are wasting some space in this case. The JPEG images must not be of interlaced type. The Fuze also accepts BMP images (the format of the preloaded sample images) but it is a rather uncommon 16bit BMP format. Stick to JPEG which saves you from troubles!

Finally don’t trust the file counts shown on the Fuze’s Info display. They are mostly wrong (songs and videos might be ok).

i use the sansa media converter the number count shows 0 though i have pic that never use to happen

@delonh24 wrote:
i use the sansa media converter the number count shows 0 though i have pic that never use to happen

Then it could be a problem unique to your unit, suggesting something that you are doing (or not doing).

Thus, using ‘Next Firmware Update’ as your Subject line could be irrelevant and misleading.

Message Edited by Tapeworm on 08-09-2009 11:11 AM

I will assume that the photos are displaying on the Fuze, but the Info screen shows a count of zero (0) ?

If so, note that some of the counts are defaulting to zero, also audiobooks- it’s a known bug with the latest firmware.  If you have photos that do not display on the device, you can try resizing the jpeg files as mentioned above.

µsansa

Maybe a little OT, but I could not get the album artwork to show up on my audiobooks. The JPG files were saved with the MP3 files at 350 x 350 pixels. The files were 107K, and they did not display. When I created the artwork for a second audiobook, the JPG was 217 x 217 pixels, and it displayed. Thereafter, I went back and made the first JPG files 217 x 217 and updated the files with MP3tag. When I uploaded them to the Fuze, they displayed properly. I don’t know why the 350 square pixel files didn’t display, considering you’re supposed to be able to display much larger sizes, but I pass along my experience for what it’s worth.

Does anyone know the ideal picture size in pixels for album artwork? The screen resolution is 224 x 176, but the optimum size may be smaller. My pictures are square and seem to display perfectly.

@neumannu47 wrote:

Maybe a little OT, but I could not get the album artwork to show up on my audiobooks. The JPG files were saved with the MP3 files at 350 x 350 pixels. The files were 107K, and they did not display. When I created the artwork for a second audiobook, the JPG was 217 x 217 pixels, and it displayed. Thereafter, I went back and made the first JPG files 217 x 217 and updated the files with MP3tag. When I uploaded them to the Fuze, they displayed properly. I don’t know why the 350 square pixel files didn’t display, considering you’re supposed to be able to display much larger sizes, but I pass along my experience for what it’s worth.

Does anyone know the ideal picture size in pixels for album artwork? The screen resolution is 224 x 176, but the optimum size may be smaller. My pictures are square and seem to display perfectly.

The image display (via “Photos” menu) and album cover artwork are two completely different stories. The larger image sizes mentioned before are for image display only. I don’t use cover images so I can’t tell you about the maximum size. But I have seen many other posts dealing with cover images and I suggest you to use the boards search function to find an answer.

I think that the limiting factor is image size rather than image dimensions. I have a number of folder.jpg’s on my Fuze, up to 600 x 600 pixels, which work perfectly. When the filesize exceeds approximately 100kB then the image is not shown.