Next firmware update - any plans on dropping the SMC restriction?

hi,

I just purchased my new fuze and the hardware is great, but the software… not so much. I know this is a SMC issue, but since the easy fix would be through a firmware update I decided to place my question here.

Are there any plans on dropping the SMC/video restrictions (openDML avi (v.2.0) container) and allowing simple avi files encoded with the xvid codec to simply copy-paste them on the player?

SMC has way to many bugs to force the usage IMHO (output files are sometimes lager than input files, no encoding settings, can’t handle videos with 48 kHz…)

@creo wrote:

hi,

I just purchased my new fuze and the hardware is great, but the software… not so much. I know this is a SMC issue, but since the easy fix would be through a firmware update I decided to place my question here.

Are there any plans on dropping the SMC/video restrictions (openDML avi (v.2.0) container) and allowing simple avi files encoded with the xvid codec to simply copy-paste them on the player?

SMC has way to many bugs to force the usage IMHO (output files are sometimes lager than input files, no encoding settings, can’t handle videos with 48 kHz…)

Sansafix already posted that they are working on removing the requirement for SMC.  He didn’t give any specifics, but implied it would be a near term update.

@skinjob wrote:

Sansafix already posted that they are working on removing the requirement for SMC.  He didn’t give any specifics, but implied it would be a near term update.

I missed that, it’s good to know!  :smileyvery-happy: