my computer will not recognize device when micro sd card in after firmware update

I had a 2G Kingston micro sd card with data on was working fine - after firmware update computer will not recognize device if sd card in fuze. and device does not seem to recognize sd card at all.

Better try this page: http://www.kingston.com/support/default.asp

@lighthouser51 wrote:

I had a 2G Kingston micro sd card with data on was working fine - after firmware update computer will not recognize device if sd card in fuze. and device does not seem to recognize sd card at all.

Are you sure you have the Fuze or the Fuze+? I heard of that problem with the Fuze+ after updating the firmware while the card is inserted but not on the Fuze. Can you check under Settings > System info if it shows information about the microsd card?

I think it is just a plain Fuze.  When I turn on the fuze with the ext card in - the fuze freezes on the sansa logo. When I take out the card everything works fine.  When I plug fuze with card in place into computer via usb the computer does not recognize the fuze at all. If I take out the card the computer does recognize the devise.   Since the fuze freezes at the logo with the card in I can’t check to see if it recognizes the card. 

I don’t know what to do,  any help would be greatly appreciated.

Firmware shouldn’t cause any issue as it should enhance its functionality. That being said, you may try reloading the firmware. Do the manual update

I my not sure if this will work but you can try. While the card is out, turn on the sansa and switch it to MSC mode (Settings > System Settings > USB > MSC). Turn off the Sansa, insert the card and connect it the computer. It should now be recognized as two drivers. See if you can format the card by right clicking on the drive of the card and select format. If that doesn’t work, try to use card reader to format the microsd card.

This makes no sense but may work. Take the microSD card out.  If there’s anything on the internal memory that you don’t also have elsewhere, copy it . Then put the Fuze in MSC, connect, and Format the internal memory to FAT32. This  has happened to me a couple of times and the format fixes the card problem. But don’t ask me why.