micro sdhc

@rubybliels wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

@jbcohen wrote:
What is the maximum amount of micro sdhc a fuze can address? My 8gb can not address an 8gb micro sdhc card.

Make sure the card is inserted all the way in. The top edge of the card will normally have to be pushed in slightly past the outer casing. You will hear 2 faint ‘clicks’ when it’s in there right.
See if the player recognizes the additional memory. Look in SETTINGS > SYSTEM SETTINGS > INFO. The Total and Free memory will be listed separately (SD Card) from the player’s internal memory.
Connect your player in MSC mode to your computer. It should be recognized as 2 separate drives, each with their own drive letter under Drives With Removable Storage alongside your other drives such as your CD or DVD. Right-click on the card’s icon (2nd drive) and select Properties. This should also list the total and free space available.

If you still have an ‘invisible’ card on both your computer and Fuze, you may have a bum card. If it shows up on your computer only, you may have a bum Fuze.

I have the same problem as jbcohen.  I have an 8 gb sandisk microsdhc that my 8 gb fuze is not recognizing.  I tried your suggestions.

1. Pretty sure the card is in completely.
  1. There is no mention in INFO of any extra memory.
  1. It does show 2 drives, but does not recognize that there is anything in the second drive.

It appears that I have a bum card, but I was wondering if there was anything else I could try before returning the microsdhc card.

What exactly do you mean “pretty sure the card is in completely”. It either is, or it isn’t. You should be sure, one way or the other. As I said, you’ll hear 2 faint clicks as it locks into place against the spring tension. It will not fall or shake out when locked in. You must push it in again to remove it and you will hear the same 2 clicks as it releases.

I can’t imagine how it could happen, but you don’t have it in backwards, do you? The writing on the card should be facing up, just as your player is when inserting it.

When you’re sure that the card is inserted properly and your player is not recognizing it, I would try another card (if a friend has one available). Barring this, do you have a card reader you can put it in to see if it is recognized by your computer? Make sure it is SDHC compliant. Not all card readers are.

I’d be more suspicious of the Fuze being bad, rather than you having a bad card. If the card (in an external reader) is recognized by your computer, then you’ve narrowed it down to your Fuse as the ‘weak link’ and you should call Sandisk for a replacement (or return it to where you bought it from).

If it (the card) still is not recognized in an SDHC-compliant card reader, then return the card and get another. It’s rare, but I suppose a bad one could escape. You didn’t maybe get a hold of a counterfeit one from an unscrupulous dealer, did you? What brand is it?