micro SDHC

I have a new Fuze and want to buy a card for it.  Can I load music onto the card while in the player?  Or, must the music be loaded while the card is in the computer?  If loading music while the card is in the computer will I need an  adpater with the card?

Thank you.  The forum is a great idea.  Many of us are thankful that there are many out there who know about this stuff and are willing to share.

pcfair

@pcfair wrote:

I have a new Fuze and want to buy a card for it.  Can I load music onto the card while in the player?  Or, must the music be loaded while the card is in the computer?  If loading music while the card is in the computer will I need an  adpater with the card?

Thank you.  The forum is a great idea.  Many of us are thankful that there are many out there who know about this stuff and are willing to share.

pcfair

I would actually suggest adding music to the card while its in the player. It is just easier that way IMO. If you connect your fuze in MSC (usb mode) and open the fuze with the card plugged in thru your “My Computer” you will see the 2 different memory areas as separate. Then all you gotta do is drag and drop.

@conversionbox wrote:

@pcfair wrote:

pcfair

I would actually suggest adding music to the card while its in the player. It is just easier that way IMO. If you connect your fuze in MSC (usb mode) and open the fuze with the card plugged in thru your “My Computer” you will see the 2 different memory areas as separate. Then all you gotta do is drag and drop.

Agreed.  I have a SD slot on my computer, but have never used it with the fuze.  It is such a simple process just to leave the card in the player and add content when the player is connected to the computer…and it saves you from physically removing the extra memory from the player when content is added.

I have microSD cards.  I prefer to load the music onto the cards directly from the computer, since then I don’t have to dig through my drawer full of cables and find my Sandisk cable every time I want to add music.

Yes, if you want to load your microSD card directly from the computer, you need an SD card adapter (and an SD card slot on your computer. 

But, yes, as others have said, you can load the SD card while it’s in the player plugged into the computer.

Works fine either way, in the player or direct on the computer.