lost music?

I had around 100 songs on my fuze,then I started having problems with it freezing,now I have lost all the songs I origionally put on it! I am using rhapsody with the drag & drop method.I just got this fuze a few days ago & was excited since it is my first music player,but now I’m upset because if the music is lost forever I will be hard pressed to remember what songs I had!Any ideas? Thank you in advance!

Where are you looking to see your music is gone? Did you buy the music from Rhapsody? What USB mode where you in when you added the Music, what are you in now? If you connect it to the computer does it show as having most of the memory free (Note it wont have 100% of the size) or is some used?

We need more info to be able to accurately help you.

Something to try at least at first, is to do a soft rest which is holding the on switch in the up position for 15-20 seconds.

It’s kinda hard to say . . . you didn’t elaborate on how you cured the freeze-up or what caused it in the 1st place. If you formatted it, then that music is gone forever but depending on what you did (or didn’t do) it might just be hiding.

Using Rhapsody, at least you should be able to re-load them if necessary.

I noticed my music was gone when I was listening to my fuze & only had 46 songs instead of over 100.I have a 14 day free trial to rhapsody.I’m not sure what usb mode it was in but I would guess auto sync.It shows that I have most of the memory free on my fuze so I figure the songs arent hiding somewhere on my fuze but thats the extent of my knowledge!lol.when it froze up I held the off button until it went off.But I did have a problem with the rhapsody site freezing also.

You may be looking at an issue with rhapsody. It is possibly Rhapsody took them off without telling you. I stay away from those services free or not because crazy stuff can happen. 

Do you have any suggestions on a music download service that is workable & not too expensive? I gave up & just formatted my fuze so I need to add songs again,but I am leery of using rhapsody now!Thank you so much for your quick responses!I am a total neewbie when it comes to electronics!

wolfbane wrote:
I noticed my music was gone when I was listening to my fuze & only had 46 songs instead of over 100.I have a 14 day free trial to rhapsody.I’m not sure what usb mode it was in but I would guess auto sync.It shows that I have most of the memory free on my fuze so I figure the songs arent hiding somewhere on my fuze but thats the extent of my knowledge!lol.when it froze up I held the off button until it went off.But I did have a problem with the rhapsody site freezing also.

Are you on Day 15 (or beyond)? A freee trial is just that; a trial period of limited time. After that, you must pay, or it won’t play.

Do yourself a favor. Do some soul-searching and figure out exactly how you intend to use this player. Are you going to continue with Rhapsody? Or re you going to rip your own CD’s for transfer to the unit? Maybe you plan to buy your music from E-Music, Amazon, etc.?

If you’re going to stay with Rhapsody, then you must use MTP mode. If not, then MSC is your new best friend. Whatever you decide, don’t rely on the Auto setting. And just so you know, that USB mode does not imply or mean auto ‘sync’. That’s Windows Media Player-speak for world domination and total mind control.

mind_control_america_b.jpg mind control image by danamelessguy

:smiley:

wolfbane wrote:

Are you on Day 15 (or beyond)? A free trial is just that; a no-cost trial period of limited time. After that, you must pay, or it won’t play.

Do yourself a favor. Do some soul-searching and figure out exactly how you intend to use this player. Are you going to continue with Rhapsody? Or are you going to rip your own CD’s for transfer to the unit? Maybe you plan to buy your music from E-Music, Amazon, etc.? Depending on your tastes, there are also a number of free (and legal ) sites to download music files from. There’s a thread in the Off-Topic Discussions board on this subject with many different sites listed.

If you’re going to stay with Rhapsody, then you must use MTP mode. If not, then MSC is your new best friend. Whatever you decide, don’t rely on the Auto setting. And just so you know, that USB mode does not imply or mean auto ‘sync’. That’s Windows Media Player-speak for world domination and total mind control.

mind_control_america_b.jpg mind control image by danamelessguy

:smiley:

I still have 9 days left on my free trial,but am having lots of issues with rhapsody,like the songs not transferring & such.So,I guess it’s back to the drawing board!

Have you updated your firmware?  If you haven’t, there’s a thread on the top of this board with a link to the newest version and instructions on how to do it manually.  I,personally, don’t recommend using the sansa updater.  There aren’t enough frequent updates to be worth the trouble of downloading and installing it on your computer.  The manual update is easy.

Then try uninstalling and reinstalling Rhapsody.

I have used Amrev data recovery software. May be you can download it and have a try. It can do format recovery, unformat and recover deleted files emptied from Recycle Bin. However, if you have overwritten your data, it may not help you.
good luck

If this is synced with Rhapsody, you should be able to sync this again using it assuming that your PC is running fine. It just works like iTunes from what I understand.

davidzega is a shill, spammer, bot, probably fat and ugly and has no life

no need to reply to it

I’m sure Wolfbane has been waiting 5 years for your ill-informed advice, fosterdrew.

1 Like

Right-click on Start, select “Open Windows Explorer,” scroll down and highlight Sansa Fuse drive, type the title of one of your lost songs in the Win Explorer search field, wait for the scan to finish. If Windows finds the song, all the other lost ones will probably be in the same location that will appear as a path in the right pane.

Another option is to use Windows Explorer to manually expand all the folders on your Fuze device, clicking on [+], and look in each folder in the right pane. You might find that your music is all there but can’t be found by the player on your device. In such instance, you could create a folder named Music then drag abnd drop all your music into that folder.

Did you go into settings and reset?