SanDisk Fanatic

Re: laptop stolen - how do i re-sync my fuze?

Is your computer recognising the fuze at all? Try it in MSC mode. If your computer isn't able to see it, it may be a problem of hardware or the fuze itself.

Tired of Sansa Media Converter? You want to put videos on your fuze but you can't use SMC? Then, check video4fuze

4Gb black fuze v2.02.26 + 8 Gb class 6 µSD
SanDisk Guru

A couple of questions.

What is your operating system? Unless you are running Windows 98, 2000 or ME, Windows Media Player 10 should work on your system. 

What version is Windows Media Player on your system now? Look in Help (just right-click Windows Media Player on the upper left if you don't see Help) and About Windows Media Player to see the version. 

Does Windows Media Player see the Fuze at all?  Does the computer see the Fuze when you switch it to MSC mode?
Highlighted
SanDisk User

Tell us how your laptop was stolen.

i'm actually running WMP 11 - just call me stupid. sorry for THAT confusion - geez.

my laptop is an IBM thinkpad R series. yes, it is ancient.

and as far as "how" my other laptop was stolen.....??? does that matter?  Smiley Indifferent

and what is MSC mode?  when i open WMP and then plug the fuze in, it does recognize it....but won't let me put music on it.... says "did not fit on this device" so i went directly in the fuze and deleted some songs...and that didn't make a difference.  before, my old WMP had record of every song that had been loaded on the fuze... and i could go and delete songs to make room that way..... but not now.

SanDisk Guru

@siclmn wrote:
Tell us how your laptop was stolen.

Why, are you going to help track it down?

Let's get

or

Columbo1.jpg image by moonknight2099

or

on the case! Smiley Very Happy

SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

Look in Settings/System Settings/USB Mode. You should see Auto Detect (don't use that for now), MTP and MSC. MTP is controlled by Windows Media Player. MSC makes the Fuze act like a basic disc drive or thumb drive.

The Fuze sees all the songs in it. But your computer can only see music sent over by one USB mode at a time. If the songs were transferred in MTP, they should be visible in MTP. If the songs were transferred in MSC, they won't be visible in MTP--only in MSC.  Look for your songs in both modes. 

Message Edited by Black-Rectangle on 11-12-2009 12:55 PM