laptop stolen - how do i re-sync my fuze?

my laptop was stolen… 13 GB of music - GONE. anyway, got a new one and have recovered most of the music i have purchased…however, duh, my fuze won’t sync with my new WMP.

any tips?

also, my fuze was full of music… is there any way i can get the music OFF the fuze, and INTO my WMP?

any help would be great!!!

Do you have windows media player 10 or above on the new laptop?  If not you probably need it, and I would guess your music was transferred in MTP mode. 

Then just go to “my computer”, double click the fuze and drag and drop all your music back to your computer BEFORE syncing it.

okay, did it… but there are still songs missing. i have purchased a few more songs and when i try to sync them on (from WMP) it says they did not fit on device but yet i have room…

i am just wanting to start over. i want to dump everything from my fuze back into my WMP…  and then re-load the songs (plus new ones) back on the fuze.

i tried to load WMP 10 and it isn’t compatible with my system.

If you’re music has DRM, DRM won’t allow you to play it in your PC.  All DRM’d music you had on your laptop is gone.

Isn’t DRM wonderful?

don’t know what DRM is…

so do i just need to completely clear my fuze out? i just want it to recognize my new laptop… UGH!

@kristyok wrote:

don’t know what DRM is…

so do i just need to completely clear my fuze out? i just want it to recognize my new laptop… UGH!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital\_rights\_management

If all the music you purchased had DRM, I think there’s no way to recover it from the fuze, unless recovering it from the windows on your stolen laptop.

If you had non-DRM’d music, there’s still hope: WMP or Windows may not let you access your MTP files froma different computer, but you could try from another OS.

@kristyok wrote:

i am just wanting to start over. i want to dump everything from my fuze back into my WMP…  and then re-load the songs (plus new ones) back on the fuze.

i tried to load WMP 10 and it isn’t compatible with my system.

What OS are you running?  What version is your WMP? What OS were you on previously, and what WMP was that?

It’s a good thing you haven’t connected with WMP.

WMP will match your Fuze to what’s on your computer. If you have nothing on the computer, it will ERASE all the music on your Fuze.

DON’T SYNC. 

Every Windows operating system since XP can handle WMP 10. If your laptop came with XP, it has WMP 9 and you can go to www.microsoft.com and upgrade to WMP 10. But after you install WMP 10, go into Tools and Synch and MAKE SURE AUTO-SYNC IS OFF before you even think about connecting the Fuze.

When you are absolutely sure Auto-Sync is off, put the Fuze in MTP mode (Settings/System Settings/USB Mode), connect the Fuze and see what you can see in My Computer on the Fuze.  

tried to download WMP 10… no luck. “system is not compatible”.

i have replaced most of the stolen music… so my WMP has, at this point, about 6 GB in it… and when i tried to sync (before i found this site) nothing happened…

so, WMP won’t recognize my fuze because…why? (i’m sorry if i really sound like an ■■■■■)

Is your computer recognising the fuze at all? Try it in MSC mode. If your computer isn’t able to see it, it may be a problem of hardware or the fuze itself.

A couple of questions.

What is your operating system? Unless you are running Windows 98, 2000 or ME, Windows Media Player 10 should work on your system. 

What version is Windows Media Player on your system now? Look in Help (just right-click Windows Media Player on the upper left if you don’t see Help) and About Windows Media Player to see the version. 

Does Windows Media Player see the Fuze at all?  Does the computer see the Fuze when you switch it to MSC mode?

Tell us how your laptop was stolen.

i’m actually running WMP 11 - just call me stupid. sorry for THAT confusion - geez.

my laptop is an IBM thinkpad R series. yes, it is ancient.

and as far as “how” my other laptop was stolen…??? does that matter?  :neutral_face:

and what is MSC mode?  when i open WMP and then plug the fuze in, it does recognize it…but won’t let me put music on it… says “did not fit on this device” so i went directly in the fuze and deleted some songs…and that didn’t make a difference.  before, my old WMP had record of every song that had been loaded on the fuze… and i could go and delete songs to make room that way… but not now.

@siclmn wrote:
Tell us how your laptop was stolen.

Why, are you going to help track it down?

Let’s get

or

Columbo1.jpg image by moonknight2099

or

on the case! :smileyvery-happy:

Look in Settings/System Settings/USB Mode. You should see Auto Detect (don’t use that for now), MTP and MSC. MTP is controlled by Windows Media Player. MSC makes the Fuze act like a basic disc drive or thumb drive.

The Fuze sees all the songs in it. But your computer can only see music sent over by one USB mode at a time. If the songs were transferred in MTP, they should be visible in MTP. If the songs were transferred in MSC, they won’t be visible in MTP–only in MSC.  Look for your songs in both modes. 

Message Edited by Black-Rectangle on 11-12-2009 12:55 PM