in what date is the next firmware actualization

in what date is the next firmware actualization?

The only person who visits these boards who knows isn’t sayin. All we know for sure is that it is due out beofre the end of the first quarter of this year, so by the end of March.

and what features will have?

All I can remember is that there will be better ogg support, and that slotradio card support will be added. I cant remember any more but that same person who is not talkin about the release date, is also not talkin about whats in the next update.

I believe that the database limitation is to be increased from +/- 4000 songs to +/- 8000 songs.

Plus the pitch/clock speed thing will be added so songs play closer to the original speed and pitch (.14%) at the cost of +/- 3% less battery playing time.

I also think I remember changes for audio books or podcasts too, but I’m fuzzy on the details. 

Gapless playback & folder/file view are in the works, but I don’t think they’ll make this next version. There’s more I’m sure; I just can’t think of any more at the moment.

And of course, they don’t tell us everything. What’s the fun in that? They always seem to come up with something neat that nobody here has suggested yet, or wasn’t expecting. :wink:

@tapeworm wrote:

I believe that the database limitation is to be increased from +/- 4000 songs to +/- 8000 songs.

Plus the pitch/clock speed thing will be added so songs play closer to the original speed and pitch (.14%) at the cost of +/- 3% less battery playing time.

I also think I remember changes for audio books or podcasts too, but I’m fuzzy on the details. 

Gapless playback & folder/file view are in the works, but I don’t think they’ll make this next version. There’s more I’m sure; I just can’t think of any more at the moment.

And of course, they don’t tell us everything. What’s the fun in that? They always seem to come up with something neat that nobody here has suggested yet, or wasn’t expecting. :wink:

I thought it was said that they were working on it, I dont remember them saying it would be in the FW. All I am concerned with is ogg support.

Before the release of the current version, that person also said that better video support would be in the works but didn’t say when we will be blessed with it. Just that it would not be the version that is now the current version, if you know what i’m sayin’…

The new firmware release gets closer every day.  How’s that for an irrefutable argument?

As we’ve seen, not only are there refinements, but new capabilities such as ogg and FLAC playback have been introduced into the mix.

Well, as new capabilities are added, there are requisite refinements for those new capabilities. 

We all use our Sansas a wee bit differently, with different formats and bitrates, and different encoders.  The Lil’ Monsta still purrs along!  Well, there are machines that are intended as “cookie cutter” devices, but those are easily camouflaged in fluorescent paint.

Now get those earbuds back on! 

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

@neutron_bob wrote:

The new firmware release gets closer every day.  How’s that for an irrefutable argument?

As we’ve seen, not only are there refinements, but new capabilities such as ogg and FLAC playback have been introduced into the mix.

Well, as new capabilities are added, there are requisite refinements for those new capabilities. 

We all use our Sansas a wee bit differently, with different formats and bitrates, and different encoders.  The Lil’ Monsta still purrs along!  Well, there are machines that are intended as “cookie cutter” devices, but those are easily camouflaged in fluorescent paint.

Now get those earbuds back on! 

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Well said as always, Bob. I’ve got many different formats, bitrates, etc.,but I haven’t put any video on the Fuze in months. For me, with a screen that size, it’s a novelty feature…cool that you can do it, but IMO, for that little screen and the amount of work involved, not worth it most of the time. I love the color screen for my album art and such, and occasionally I throw a few pictures on it, but I bought it to listen to.

I’d actually trade video support for more info available (bitrate, codec, etc.) but that’s just me…for the video lovers out there, more power to ya. :wink:

Ditto Marvin…I gave up thinking about video after a few attempts with digital copies that came with The Dark Knight and HellBoy II that failed…

I have a few photos but why anyone would consider it a deal breaker with such a small screen is beyond me…again there are better devices for this…the right tool for the job concept again…and I said I would drop it…well that was a different thread now wasn’t it lol :wink:

@bobletteross wrote:

Ditto Marvin…I gave up thinking about video after a few attempts with digital copies that came with The Dark Knight and HellBoy II that failed…

I have a few photos but why anyone would consider it a deal breaker with such a small screen is beyond me…again there are better devices for this…the right tool for the job concept again…and I said I would drop it…well that was a different thread now wasn’t it lol :wink:

Well, it worked for me with 10-15 minute video podcasts ok, something I tried right after I got the Fuze. But it seemed like it would take half the actual playtime of those files just to add them to the Fuze. So yeah…I ended up deciding that if I wanted to watch movies on the go, that one of those portable DVD players that look like  netbook would be a better choice:wink:…I got my Fuze and Clip to listen to.  :smiley:

I hope they don’t take off the video EVER.  I actually enjoy watching full length movies (haven’t done the digital copies as I read you cannot do those at all) and have lots on various cards.  It would be nice if they were smaller memory, but for now it’s doable.

I also bought my Fuze to listen to music, podcasts and audiobooks.  Getting movies on it was an added bonus after that I’ve enjoyed.  I do listen to music more, as I listen to it all day at work (makes it much more bareable).

How do you knows all of this? Like what will release and stuff?

@akvuski wrote:

We have been around a while. And at least I am a nerd when it comes to this kinda thing. 

D: Why would they take off the video support thingy. =( I actually watch some videos on my fuze (House M.D :D) and yay for better ogg support :smiley: all my songs are ogg lol. I like to save space. Can’t wait untill the next release! :smiley:!

@conversionbox wrote:

@akvuski wrote:

We have been around a while. And at least I am a nerd when it comes to this kinda thing. 

Nerd = derogatory; bad. Insult.

Geek = smart; good. Compliment.

:wink:

And to your question, Akvuski? How do we know what’s coming? You don’t really expect us to give up our ‘Guru’ secrets, do you? :stuck_out_tongue:

Tapeworm wrote: 

Nerd = derogatory; bad. Insult.

Geek = smart; good. Compliment.

The way I’ve heard it, the nerds are the science or computer whiz’s who lack social skills and are often persecuted for their intelligence. The geeks are the ones who are into sci-fi, Dungeons and Dragons, gaming and all that; possibly, not necessarily, intelligent. By that measure, “nerd” is more likely the compliment.

What about a nerdy geek?  :smileyvery-happy:

bdb wrote:

The way I’ve heard it, the nerds are the science or computer whiz’s who lack social skills and are often persecuted for their intelligence. The geeks are the ones who are into sci-fi, Dungeons and Dragons, gaming and all that; possibly, not necessarily, intelligent. By that measure, “nerd” is more likely the compliment.

In that case, the computer service business would be called “Nerd Squad” and not “Geek Squad”. You may be right, but it doesn’t have the same ring to it. :wink:

@tapeworm wrote:

@bdb wrote:

In that case, the computer service business would be called “Nerd Squad” and not “Geek Squad”. You may be right, but it doesn’t have the same ring to it. :wink:

It doesnt really matter. I was voted King of the Nerds, and Emperor of the Geeks in high school. I was popular with everybody and one of the biggest Nreds/Geeks.