headphone splitter

I’ve seen adverts for add-ons which allow two sets of phones to be used on one player, so two people can share the music.

What is the effect of this on the electronics of the Fuze? Is there any danger that the extra load will blow a component?

Presumably the extra demand will flatten the battery much quicker ?

cheers

xg

@exegnomad wrote:

I’ve seen adverts for add-ons which allow two sets of phones to be used on one player, so two people can share the music.

What is the effect of this on the electronics of the Fuze? Is there any danger that the extra load will blow a component?

cheers

xg

Dont worry about it. The only thing that would effect the battery life with 2 headphones is the possible need to increased volume. The player wont need to put out for any extra load. The splitters dont work like that. If you are really worried,  check into a headphone amp, and then split out of that.

@conversionbox wrote:

@exegnomad wrote:

cheers

xg

Dont worry about it. The only thing that would effect the battery life with 2 headphones is the possible need to increased volume. The player wont need to put out for any extra load. The splitters dont work like that. If you are really worried,  check into a headphone amp, and then split out of that.

Or get a Boostaroo headphone amp (original design) that has 3 built-in heaphone connections…

I have a Boostaroo for that very thing; it works quite well. I haven’t tried to use two headphones with the Fuze, but previous devices just couldn’t push enough for two headphones. They probably weren’t very efficient headphones, though. Maybe two sets of earbuds would be OK.

One other gotcha (regardless of whether you use Boostaroo or just a splitter) is that if you have different phones/buds, the volume won’t be the same with both.

Message Edited by bdb on 03-23-2009 03:32 PM

Thank you for your quick replies. They’ve put my mind at rest.

xg

Fuze_owner-GB, I was thinking the same thing!  A Boostaroo is the hot ticket, allowing for an easy connection, and no issues with that 8-ohm combined load.

I remember when folks thought it mad that SONY placed two output jacks on the original Walkmans, the cassette and the FM.  The reason was quite different back then:  they were worried about sales popularity of a device without its own speaker!  The logical suggestion? 

Just provide two jacks, and a friend can have a listen to your music.  A few years later, the dual jack disappeared from the devices, as sales took hold.  Everyone originally laughed at the thought of marketing a device with no speaker to hear it!

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

@neutron_bob wrote:

Fuze_owner-GB, I was thinking the same thing!  A Boostaroo is the hot ticket, allowing for an easy connection, and no issues with that 8-ohm combined load.

I remember when folks thought it mad that SONY placed two output jacks on the original Walkmans, the cassette and the FM.  The reason was quite different back then:  they were worried about sales popularity of a device without its own speaker!  The logical suggestion? 

Just provide two jacks, and a friend can have a listen to your music.  A few years later, the dual jack disappeared from the devices, as sales took hold.  Everyone originally laughed at the thought of marketing a device with no speaker to hear it!

Yep… That was the reason we got the Boostaroo in the first place; the multiple headphone connections.  It really comes in handy when you are travelling with a loved one (aka…the wifey) and both want to listen to music.  It sure beats listening to screaming kids or snoring businessmen on long flights.

I have a simple solution for the snore.  Ask the steward(ess) for a pillow.  Then cram that fluffy implement where it will have the most effect.  Flying feathers may ensue.

Hehe.