fuse 8Gb ver v01.02.31A

When these’s a new update to download on my fuse 8gb i loss all of the songs in the playlist (go list)…

i have to re-enter them back in the playlist, it takes a long time to go through 200 song to put back in…

…hope theres help…

Message Edited by fuseman on 06-14-2010 09:52 AM

Before updating, search your Fuze for files ending in .pla or .m3u. Those are your playlists. Copy them onto your desktop, make a note of which folder they were in on your Fuze, and transfer them back to the same folder after the update.

i dont think the go list is stored in a playlist file. unfortunately there is not fix for loosing the go list when you update it will be lost every time. 

thanks for the replys…

i went into my computer with the fuse connected and i open the playlist and theres nothing shows up, blank opening folder…

when i open the music folder on my computer all the music folders open up, but not in the playlist folder.

i also have somthing in the audio book and it also opens up…

i do have songs in the playlist on the sansa…

thanks

fuseman wrote:

thanks for the replys…

i went into my computer with the fuse connected and i open the playlist and theres nothing shows up, blank opening folder…

when i open the music folder on my computer all the music folders open up, but not in the playlist folder.

If you are referring to the ‘GoList’, it will not show up as a file in the Playlists folder (or anywhere for that matter) when viewing your files in Explorer on your computer. That particular ‘playlist’ is stored only in the Fuze’s hidden memory. That’s also why it gets purged when you perform a firmware update.

thank you tapeworm for the explantion…

i guess i will have to live with it unless theres a way around it or if theres a update that will change it…

thanks to all whom answered this post…