[firmware suggestion] improved genre browsing + album artist browsing

I was really happy to be able to download the new firmware update just before going in vacation. :slight_smile:

I used the fuze to help me sleep in the plane (I forgot how noisy a plane is). And that’s how I noticed the music browsing could be improved.

Currently, there is something like this:

• list of artists

–+ Play all

–+ list of albums

----+ list of songs in the album

• list of albums

–+ Play all

–+ List of songs in the album

• list of songs

• list of genres

–+ Play all

–+ list of artist

----+ list of songs for that artist

First of all, I’d love to be able to see the “album artist” tag. For instance, the “Mamma Mia!” album has “Abba” as album artist, and the individual singers as song artist.

Then the “genre” part could be improved, maybe with something like that:

• list of genre

–+ Play all (lanch the play of all songs)

–+ Artists

----+ list of artists

–+ Albums

----+ list of albums

Just because all songs are in the same genre doesn’t mean they go well together. And since we can’t see the album artist tag, there is no way to find an album with various artists when you look in genres.

(I know, in the meantime, I can use folder browsing!!!)

Message Edited by flocon on 26-04-2009 12:52 AM

Good to see this.

If you’re interested, please have a look at my suggestion and give it a big bump.

Hopefully it’ll be implemented if we’re annoying enough :wink:

So, what we need would be:

Artists -> play all, artist 1, artist 2… -> view all, album 1, album 2… (if you choose an artist) -> list of songs (if you choose an album)

Album artists-> play all, artist 1, artist 2… -> view all, album 1, album 2… (if you choose an artist) -> list of songs (if you choose an album)

Albums -> play all, album 1, album 2… -> list of songs

Genres -> genre 1, genre 2, … -> songs, albums, artists, album artists (once you’ve chosen a genre, you have the same display as the main menu, except only for the genre you have chosen)

Would that be difficult to implement??