file organizing

I recently loaded my files on my fuze using the drag and drop method. I had my music organized in folders by genre with just one layer of folders under that. My music appears to be mostly or all there but the fuze put the songs into different categories than i had given. How to correct this ?

Ian

Chances are they are still organized in the same folder structure you put them on in, but the Fuze by default reads & populates its lists by the ID3 tags in the song files. If you upgrade the firmware, they added folder browsing recently. This way you can see your folders on your Fuze in the same way you see them on your computer.

Thanks, as soon as I off load some files to an sd card I will download the firmware update. I read on the forum that there are cards larger than 8 gigs around, but 8 is the largest I’ve seen. Is there something larger that would work with the latest firmware?

16GB is also on the market. 

But there is a limit–I forget what it is–on how many files/titles the Fuze will display, and 16GB might take you past that limit.

You should also learn about ID3 tags at this FAQ:

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=announcements&thread.id=201&view=by\_date\_ascending&page=1 

ID3 tags give you a lot of ways to find your songs quickly–if, for instance, you forget an album title. It takes a few minutes (or less) to run each album through mp3tag when you get it. And it won’t disturb your current file organization at all. 

@black_rectangle wrote:

16GB is also on the market. 

But there is a limit–I forget what it is–on how many files/titles the Fuze will display, and 16GB might take you past that limit.

8,000 is the current limit. And unless you’re loading up songs at an incredibly low bit-rate, even the 16GB card + the internal memory should fill up before you hit that number.

On another point - Is it possible to sinq the fuze to just one folder on my computer wtih wmp?

Look in the Sync settings on WMP. If you don’t see a Tools, it might be hidden: right-click on the very top bar where it says Windows Media Player.