Highlighted
Accepted Solution

doesn't seem to scroll properly...

I just bought my Fuze yesterday (and this is the first real MP3 player I've used other than a cheapie)--I charged it up and loaded some songs, and they play...when I can get to that.  My problem is, I seem to be able to scroll left and right but not up and down so I can select other menu items.  Once in a while I can get it to move (like from music to video to settings), but not all the time.  I saw this description in another post (which is pretty much what mine seems to be doing.)  I have XP and I don't even know which version of WMP (I'm at work), but that part of it seemed to work fine.  Is this a hardware issue where I should just take it back, or is this something a software upgrade could fix?

....the thumbwheel wont
scroll. I basically have no control with the volume but when  you press it left, right, up it works and it also came to my attention
that when i press the down button when its playing music, it goes to the music options but then if i try pressing it again it wont go to
the next option.

SanDisk User

Re: doesn't seem to scroll properly...

The spinning the scrollwheel left or right controls directional movement, either left or right (volume) or up or down (menus).

Pressing the scrollwheel controlls play/pause, forward/back and invoking the context menu. 

Well, now I feel appropriately stupid.  Thanks (seriously)!Smiley Surprised 

SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

No worries, we all have had a learning experience with the new control.

Coming from use of the Sansa e200 series players, these devices have a dedicated scroll ring with surrounding buttons. The Fuze's scroll wheel doubles as a 5-button control.

In a few situations, the upper button is disabled, functioning as a play/pause button, and the scroll wheel takes over for navigating the menus. (The e200 is a little different.)

After a few minutes, it gets pretty easy.

Enjoy your new Fuze!

Bob Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by neutron_bob on 06-25-2008 06:41 PM

Is it possible that instead of scrolling up/down, that the scroll wheel can navigate by pressing up and down?  I watched this video and the reviewer clicks like so, but I was playing with my Fuze and it can only do scrolling up/down.  Thank you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bei2wPLcF1k