cant get new firmware to update on updater

hey,

i can not get my updater to get me the latest firmware update for my sansa fuze 8gig… can any one help me find a way to get to the latest firmware??

Did you look in the User Guides | Firmware | Software board at the Sansa Firmware thread?

Sansa Fuze Firmware Update 01.02.31 & 02.03.33

my prob is that I tried that today i tried that and it never came with the **bleep** firmware update and all it had was the stupid reader. forgive me for gettin fustrated but ive been tryin to work on this issue for the past two weeks and im really gettin tired of this stupid software and I dont knnow what else to do. im sorry but what else do I do??? send in my sansa fuze 8gig silver to sansa or what?? i dont wanna do that but yeah…

To be clear, you don’t have to use the firmware updater. You can just click that link Tapeworm posted, download the new firmware, and then unzip it to your player.

tapeworm,

all the updater is coming up with is the user manual… thats not what I need. I need the actuall firmware updater…

can any one please help me…

On your Fuze, go to Settings/System Settings/Info and see what Version your unit is–it will begin with 1. or 2.

While you are in Settings/System Settings, also go down to USB Mode. Write down the one you are currently in and then change it to MSC. This is so you can put the firmware on yourself directly, without the updater.

Go to Tapeworm’s link:

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Fuze/Sansa-Fuze-Firmware-Update-01-02-31-amp-02-03-33/m-p/139175/message-uid/139175/highlight/true#U139175

Don’t download the updater. Look for All Regions and Click Here to Download for your version, 1. or 2.

You will get a .zip file. Unzip it on your desktop and you’ll see a folder with fuzeA.bin inside it. FuzeA.bin is the firmware.

Connect the Fuze to the computer. In Windows Explorer (Computer or My Computer) you’ll see a disc drive called Sansa Fuze. Drag fuzeA.bin onto that driveletter and disconnect the Fuze from the computer. It will update when you disconnect.

After you update, go back to Settings/System Settings/USB Mode and put it back on whatever you were using before.

While you are at it, uninstall the Updater from your computer. You don’t need it any more.

@sixpapavictor wrote:

tapeworm,

all the updater is coming up with is the user manual… thats not what I need. I need the actuall firmware updater…

Then as far as the Sansa Firmware Updater program can tell, there is no update available.

If you currently have firmware 01.02.31 and you want to install 02.03.33, you can’t. 02.03.33 IS NOT an update to 01.02.31. They both came out at the same time, and have exactly the same features. One is for the original hardware version (“v1”) of the Fuze, the other is for the “v2” revision. The v2 firmware doesn’t work on v1 hardware, and vice-versa.

@gwk1967 wrote:

@sixpapavictor wrote:

tapeworm,

Then as far as the Sansa Firmware Updater program can tell, there is no update available.

If you currently have firmware 01.02.31 and you want to install 02.03.33, you can’t. 02.03.33 IS NOT an update to 01.02.31. They both came out at the same time, and have exactly the same features. One is for the original hardware version (“v1”) of the Fuze, the other is for the “v2” revision. The v2 firmware doesn’t work on v1 hardware, and vice-versa.

Exactly right; If the Updater does not find any firmware update, that means you already have the latest version available.

when I downloaded and dragged that file of the link you gave me. I couldnt get my 8gig fuze to auto update the firmware at all… can you please suggest or tell me how to do this??

What firmware do you currently have on the player?

01.02.31  is the firmware I have on my fuze silver 8gig

@sixpapavictor wrote:

01.02.31  is the firmware I have on my fuze silver 8gig

Did you see/read the title or subject of the firmware link provided? You have the latest firmware. That’s why it appears not to be loading for you. It may also be helpful to re-read gwk1967's reply (message #7). :wink:

If it’s working now, there is no point to doing anything with your firmware.

You have the latest and last firmware. You can uninstall the updater from your computer because there will not be any more updates.

If you really, really, really want to reinstall the current firmware for some reason,. download the All Regions link for 1.02.31 from the firmware update post that was linked above. UNZIP it on your computer. Then drag FuzeA.bin onto your Fuze driveletter. If you drag the zipfile the Fuze can’t unzip it.

And if you try to put the 2.x firmware onto your 1.x unit, the Fuze will also ignore it.