battery problems - post here.

I open this thread only to know how many of you had battery problems at first charge , or in general , in a new sansa fuze.

Message Edited by darkham on 04-21-2009 05:36 PM

What did you open?

And what battery problems are you referring to?  I’m not familiar with any common battery problems.  I have not experienced any problems with the battery.

And what’s with the “FLAC Will F**k” line in your post.  It doesn’t make any sense and please refrain from using the f word.

ok, i mean ANY type of battery problem, (no charging , at the beginning or some time later, death of the battery, short or long time of charge with same type of use) i only want to poll about this. The line you don’t understand is my signature (i’m a die-hard flac fan).

@darkham wrote:
ok, i mean ANY type of battery problem, (no charging , at the beginning or some time later, death of the battery, short or long time of charge with same type of use) i only want to poll about this. The line you don’t understand is my signature (i’m a die-hard flac fan).

I’ve had no problems with my battery.

I think Corilof is saying that some people will be offended by your sig.  And if the F**k stands for what he and I think it stands for, your sig makes no sense.  If F**k stands for something else, why not spell it out?

No issues whatsoever with the battery or charging it…  In fact with the new firmware the battery Even runs much longer!!!  Go figure!!  George

A note on charging:

The Fuze can drop the charging operation if it is busy trying to establish communication with the host PC.

The “connected” logo means that the Sansa sees a live data port.  Look at the battery icon for charging status.  On the Sansa, you will see a little lightning bolt, and a rolling green region in the battery icon.

Please note that changing USB modes can change the charging status, as once communication is established, the Sansa will resume charging.

With the device connected, open the Device Manager and look for yellow triangles in the USB area.  In MTP, you may see the Sansa under “portable devices”, otherwise first click on Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the bottom of the list, and then look at the USB Root Hub.  When in the Root Hub tree, double click on each position, then select the power tab.  This is the trick to finding the Sansa, if there’s no triangle icon.

Select uninstall and unplug the Sansa, then after a few seconds, plug in again.  Windows will reinstall the correct driver.

Observe the battery icon for the little lightning bolt.

µsansa

After “refresh media” –> sansa fuze’s battery life 100% down to 80% –> is it normal ???

After that, i use my sansa fuze just about 15 minutes, i usually use scroll and button to choose songs –> the battery indicator from 80% down to 68% ???

When i use usb mode : MTP and window media player to transfer music , there was no “safely remove your hardware” –> what can i do to unplug my Sansa Fuze safely after i finish transfering music ???

Sansa Fuze 2G + 8G microsdhc transcend

Message Edited by hummer83 on 04-22-2009 10:17 AM

@hummer83 wrote:

After “refresh media” –> sansa fuze’s battery life 100% down to 80% –> is it normal ???

No, definitely not normal.

After that, i use my sansa fuze just about 15 minutes, i usually use scroll and button to choose songs –> the battery indicator from 80% down to 68% ???

No, that is not normal.

When i use usb mode : MTP and window media player to transfer music , there was no “safely remove your hardware” –> what can i do to unplug my Sansa Fuze safely after i finish transfering music ?? 

WMP will say right on it, you may disconnect. If it doesn’t, then close WMP, then you willsee the “safely remove your hardware”

Sansa Fuze 2G + 8G microsdhc transcend

Message Edited by hummer83 on 04-22-2009 10:17 AM

In MTP mode, you are communicating in a virtual mode through Windows Media Player, allowing, among other things, secure WMA transfers.  As communication is handled in packets, the safely remove option is not needed.

The downside of communications issues with MTP is that you must check communication while in this mode as well, as the driver package is separate from MSC.  In the Device Manager, you will see the Sansa under Portable Devices.

If you are having a charging / communications issue (look at the charge icon on the Sansa when connected), the same uninstall, then cycle the connection, method applies.

If cycling the connection does not prompt a driver reinstall, uninstall again, then reboot the computer before plugging in again.

µsansa

Thanks you for your answer

i’m using Fuze with microsdhc Transcend 8G, i can transfer music and use it with Fuze, when i right click it in file exployer, i can see Fat32 mode

should i reformat it ??? after “refresh media” the battery from 100% down to 80% ??? may be my problem about battery is this Microsdhc Transcend ???

when i plug fuze to computer, i can see a small yellow bold —> i thinks the battery is being charged. i’ve waited for about 1 hour and this yelow bold was disapeared, and the battery icon didn’t blink anymore   –> is the battery charged 100% ?

i mean i don’t know when the battery is charged 100%, there is no message like “the battery is full” or some thing like that

The charge status can be checked with the Fuze: Settings > System Settings > Info , scroll down to Power %.  See if your battery charge level displays correctly.

µsansa