battery life for a back up Fuze

Hello everyone,

My first time posting.  I am very impressed with the information on this forum.   

I have a Fuze V1.  I love the player and would like to get another one as a backup.  My question is, if I buy another Fuze and store it, will the battery hold, or will it drain even if not in use?  Will it be better to use it every once in a while in order to lengthen its life an have it ready for when my current fuze goes dead?

About a year and a half ago, I received a replacement v1 Fuze in the original blue ring packaging.  If I had to take a wild guess, I’d say it’s been sitting in a warehouse for about a year.  The battery life was not very good.

Summing up my little story:  A sitting Fuze loses battery life.

The best suggestion I can give is to have at least 50 per cent charge for long term storage, but a full charge is not necessary.

I’ve seen Clips that have been idle for almost a year respond just fine, great battery life.

The Fuze battery is actually available in the aftermarket, Radio Shack had them available, believe it or not, as a solder-in replacement.  I’ve seen these batteries on eBay, same product photo.  There’s a photo session on the anythingbutipod site too.

So in short, there are several options when the time comes to replace the Fuze battery.  I’m spoiled of course, the e200 battery drops in like a cell phone.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: