album cover question

I’ve been ripping a few old CD’s to music and loaded them to my player using both drop and drag from My Computer user interface - as well as using the Media player to drag and synch with the Media Player 11.

When I synch using the media player - the album art isn’t coming over.  It shows up on the Media Player application - but not on my device.

When I take the same folder - and copy and paste it directo to my device using My Computer interface - it brings the album art along with it.

Is there a way to get the Media Player to synch the album covers also - or is the only way to import album covers using the drop and drag method and skipping the media player sync alltogether.

Whats happening is that In the folder with the music there is a jpeg with the album art. In WMP it sees this so you see it. The problem is that the art is not embeded in the song file, so when you send it to the fuze thru WMP the jpeg doesnt go. Using a program like MP3tag will embed the art in the song file. WMP also has that capability but it is harder to do.

@fireball wrote:

I’ve been ripping a few old CD’s to music and loaded them to my player using both drop and drag from My Computer user interface - as well as using the Media player to drag and synch with the Media Player 11.

When I synch using the media player - the album art isn’t coming over.  It shows up on the Media Player application - but not on my device.

When I take the same folder - and copy and paste it directo to my device using My Computer interface - it brings the album art along with it.

Is there a way to get the Media Player to synch the album covers also - or is the only way to import album covers using the drop and drag method and skipping the media player sync alltogether.

Do I assume correctly that you are in MSC mode?

I am, and this sounds like what I have found with WMP. From what I understand, MTP mode combined with WMP will bring the art over, but I prefer the freedom of MSC. WMP will add the art if you don’t have it, which is great…then as soon as the art shows up in My Computer, drag and drop away. I generally only add music with WMP to my Clip…where album art is a non-issue, and I’m more likely to erase all the files and start fresh. My Fuze, for the most part, what’s on it stays there, so to drag and drop an album or 2 here and there is easy as pie. :smiley: Or, you can simply not worry about the art, which was my approach for quite a while:dizzy_face:

Yes, I do have my unit in MSC mode.

I’ll try the embedding the art into the file through mp3 tag a little later.  Otherwise I can drop and drag.

If I embed the photo into the mp3 tag - is this going to use more memory on my player ( i.e . if I have 5+ songs from same album ) - vs leaving it as a jpg that comes over as I drag and drop in my computer screen. 

Yes. If you have an image embedded in every song file and there are say 10 - 15 songs per album, then you will be using 10 - 15 times the amount of memory for these additional images as opposed to having just one ‘album art.jpg’ or ‘folder.jpg’ image per album folder that will display for all the song files in that album.

@fireball wrote:

Yes, I do have my unit in MSC mode.

I’ll try the embedding the art into the file through mp3 tag a little later.  Otherwise I can drop and drag.

If I embed the photo into the mp3 tag - is this going to use more memory on my player ( i.e . if I have 5+ songs from same album ) - vs leaving it as a jpg that comes over as I drag and drop in my computer screen. 

I suppose it might use a little memory, but very little, I would think. I’ve never used MP3 Tag so I can’t be sure, but pictures that small shouldn’t take up much space.

@fireball wrote:

Yes, but… Given that the embedded jpeg has to be restricted in size (both pixels and kB) for a Fuze to display it at all, you probably won’t take much of a hit.

I keep my jpegs <20k, my tracks tend to be 2MB and upwards, so the percentage change for embedding the jpeg is rather small.

Edit:

I think the ‘Display Art In Lists’ option only works if you use the Folder.jpg file, but I could be wrong. Doesn’t work for me with embedded art anyway.

Message Edited by daytona955 on 02-04-2009 03:55 AM