album art with size restrictions?

Hello there. Being new to the Fuze I am wondering if there is a restriction in filesize regarding the album art files?

I have copied quite a few of my sound files directly to the fuze. Having the abum art included as folder.jpg in the respective album folder. That worked fine.

Now I have a few more albums added today (.OGG files) with art files having sizes of some 200 kb which do not show…   :dizzy_face:

any advice? Thanks 

There is a limit to the size of album art and photos.  It’s not documented what this size is, so I don’t think anyone has figured out the exact limit.  It’s also not clear if it’s a file size or resolution limit (or both).

200kb sounds like extremely large album art.  I’ve found that the Fuze does a poor (and slow) job resizing art/photos.  You’ll get a lot better quality and snappier performance in the UI if you resize all the album art on the player to 120x120 (the size of the art displayed in full screen cover mode).  Plus you’ll save some space on the player as well.

thanks for this. I will give i a try.

Anyone know an easy way to open a jpeg and save it as a smaller size?  (without Photoshop)

Paint shoud do it but there is a freeware out there called GIMP that is really nice and it does the job. And if down the road you wanna edit some photos you have a photoshopesque program.

I have one called Irfanview that will do it. My uncle put it on the computer for me,so I don’t know where you would get it though. It’s much less complex than Photoshop, which would give this computer a coronary.

@marvin_martian wrote:
I have one called Irfanview that will do it. My uncle put it on the computer for me,so I don’t know where you would get it though. It’s much less complex than Photoshop, which would give this computer a coronary.

Here it is…http://www.irfanview.us/

you might even want to XNview a try

www. xnview.com/

Reducing the filesize really did the trick… btw 

If you’re using XP, Microsoft actually has a plugin that lets you resize jpegs from Explorer (even batches). See here (it’s called “Image Resizer.”)

Office XP Picture Manager also works.

And now I feel dirty for peddling Microsoft products. <Shudder>

@silverzero wrote:

If you’re using XP, Microsoft actually has a plugin that lets you resize jpegs from Explorer (even batches). See here (it’s called “Image Resizer.”)

Office XP Picture Manager also works.

And now I feel dirty for peddling Microsoft products. <Shudder>

But it’s a free plug-in, and it works so it’s OK. :wink:

PhotoFiltre is a really good, basic photo editor that includes batch image processing/resizing/conversion.  It’s totally free (no nags, ads, etc.), very lightweight and has everything the casual user could want.  Also has a bunch of free plugins that are worth checking out.  I highly recommend it to any Windows user that doesn’t already have a good image editing tool.

Note that there is a more advanced “PhotoFiltre Studio” version that is not free.  You want the free PhotoFiltre 6.x.x.

Message Edited by Skinjob on 03-02-2009 05:08 PM