SanDisk User

Youtube ?

Has anyone tried to download from Youtube since they have change there website?

Re: Youtube ?

Kickyoutube.com and Youtube Downloader both work.  They are a bit slower than they used to be, though.
SanDisk User

[ Edited ]

Or, if you use Firefox, install the Video DownloadHelper (link below) and download YouTube videos (in MP4) right off your web-browser (it even retains the title names).  Then, use SMC to convert and put the video into your Sansa Fuze.  The whole process is really quite easy.  I know some people don't like SMC.  But, SMC does this part of the conversion quite well. 

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3006

ggin1

Message Edited by ggin1 on 03-13-2010 04:09 PM
SanDisk Guru

I d'load all of the time from youtube, and haven't noticed any difference.
"Before I sink into the big sleep...I want to hear the scream of the Butterfly"
SanDisk Fanatic

Youtube ?

NoIdon't !

LOL

8GB Blue FUZE w/The Original DIY Lineout Cable and AT Button H-Phones Fitted To AT WM5 Headband:All Custom Built
SanDisk User

Certainly, the YouTube police has made the site much more oppressive.  However, there are some old, arcane stuff (including music) which they don't put down.  Also, if you're quick enough, you can catch some stuff before they delete them.   YouTube is not what it used to be.  Our big brother, Google, has made it almost intolerable.  But, it does contain stuff that is free and you can put your own videos up to share.

ggin1

[ Edited ]

@ggin1 wrote:

YouTube is not what it used to be.  Our big brother, Google, has made it almost intolerable.

But this is not Google's fault. The content industry and other performance rights organizations are constantly threatening to sue Google and are forcing them to delete and geoblock videos and to install content filters.

And it is our responsibility as citizens of supposedly democratic countries to fix the ridiculously outdated copyright laws that allow them to do do this. So stop blaming Google.

Message Edited by earthcrosser on 03-14-2010 10:53 AM
SanDisk Fanatic

I use Youtube for songs and occasionally videos with the Any Video Coverter.  I learned about that program here, and it's very handy.  I guess it still works, but it's really slow.

The Saxmaster

"To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity."-Douglas Adams

SanDisk Guru

I still think anybody that watches video on the Fuze's little screen is nuts! Smiley Tongue

(I'm joking, people)Smiley Wink

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

SanDisk Guru

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion.  I've just downloaded a handful of Chet Atkins videos and part of the enjoyment is watching him strum that guitar.  He's fantastic.  I'd like Sandisk to add a repeat function for videos.