Youtube ?

Has anyone tried to download from Youtube since they have change there website?

Kickyoutube.com and Youtube Downloaderboth work.  They are a bit slower than they used to be, though.

Or, if you use Firefox, install the Video DownloadHelper (link below) and download YouTube videos (in MP4) right off your web-browser (it even retains the title names).  Then, use SMC to convert and put the video into your Sansa Fuze.  The whole process is really quite easy.  I know some people don’t like SMC.  But, SMC does this part of the conversion quite well. 

ggin1

Message Edited by ggin1 on 03-13-2010 04:09 PM

I d’load all of the time from youtube, and haven’t noticed any difference.

Youtube ?

NoIdon’t !

LOL

Certainly, the YouTube police has made the site much more oppressive.  However, there are some old, arcane stuff (including music) which they don’t put down.  Also, if you’re quick enough, you can catch some stuff before they delete them.   YouTube is not what it used to be.  Our big brother, Google, has made it almost intolerable.  But, it does contain stuff that is free and you can put your own videos up to share.

ggin1

@ggin1 wrote:

YouTube is not what it used to be.  Our big brother, Google, has made it almost intolerable.

But this is not Google’s fault. The content industry and other performance rights organizations are constantly threatening to sue Google and are forcing them to delete and geoblock videos and to install content filters.

And it is our responsibility as citizens of supposedly democratic countries to fix the ridiculously outdated copyright laws that allow them to do do this. So stop blaming Google.

Message Edited by earthcrosser on 03-14-2010 10:53 AM

I use Youtube for songs and occasionally videos with the Any Video Coverter.  I learned about that program here, and it’s very handy.  I guess it still works, but it’s really slow.

I still think anybody that watches video on the Fuze’s little screen is nuts! :stuck_out_tongue:

(I’m joking, people):wink:

Everyone’s entitled to their own opinion.  I’ve just downloaded a handful of Chet Atkins videos and part of the enjoyment is watching him strum that guitar.  He’s fantastic.  I’d like Sandisk to add a repeat function for videos.

@earthcrosser

Youtube is slowly moving toward to be a profit entity, as it must if only to get out of the red. If people think that it’s oppressive now, it’s going to get worse, with more intrusive ads showing.

I hold a neutral view toward Goog. I understand their rationale. What’s interesting is how things are taken for granted and assumed as a ‘given’ once they’ve been around long enough–like a year or so. Searching via Goog was a major bonus when it appeared. Now, it’s a part of the web. Likewise with Youtube. People now expect video to be available on the web, and expect it to be free.

@Marvin_Martian

The Fuze’s video capability is way behind the times; then again it’s a really old model. I wouldn’t want to watch a full-length movie on it myself, but it’s OK for the occasional vid snips like podcasts and such. And as others have mentioned, kids love it. I think it’s indispensable if you have to take care of small kiddies.

Otherwise, my minimum is a 5" screen for video. That’s why I’m looking more toward a 5" or 7" Android MID/tab as a more general-purpose device, as then decent web-browsing is possible. That is really the killer app for any portable device.

@mags1230 wrote:

Everyone’s entitled to their own opinion.  I’ve just downloaded a handful of Chet Atkins videos and part of the enjoyment is watching him strum that guitar.  He’s fantastic.  I’d like Sandisk to add a repeat function for videos.

Hear, hear.  I download MP4 (video) files because it saves the extra step converting to MP3.  For some strange reason, though, once you convert to MP3, it sounds a little better.  I also would like to see a repeat function.  In fact, a continous function (to next video) would be even better.

ggin1

Message Edited by ggin1 on 03-14-2010 05:49 PM

@ggin1 wrote:

In fact, a continous function (to next video) would be even better.

That’s a good idea.  Perhaps, have it for the bookmarked videos, so the favorites can be set to either repeat (only one video), play all or both (play all bookmarked videos and then repeat the list).

get firefox browser and get flashget plug in for it and there ya go

If anyone wants to convert youtube videos in mp4 and mp3 format use ytmp3 converter.

ytb.png

anyone want to interested to download youtube video and also convert youtube video to mp3 mp4 or other format using this free websitefbdown  and convert and download youtube video 

Actually I am using a screen recorder to record and save YouTube videos. At least using this method some errors like the URL failed to be recognized can be avoided. I often use Joyoshare VidiKit to save any part of a video and audio and then save it in any format I like. Moreover, using a screen recorder enables you to download videos from more platforms. As for an online YouTube downloader, I used 2Conv before and it works great for me.

If you’re anything like me, you’re constantly looking for ways to improve the visibility and reach of your YouTube channel. In today’s competitive digital landscape, having great content is only part of the equation. It’s just as important to get that content to the right audience. That’s why I want to share a fantastic resource that’s designed to help youtubers like us increase views and engagement. I know a lot of people think Buy YouTube Views is questionable. Not at all. The platform provides legitimate, high-quality views from real users.