YouTube Converter to AVI MP3 or Ogg - Simple No Software

This is the simplest way to download a YouTube Music Videos in avi format for SMC.   No extra software necessary!  Also works to convert just the music portion of the video to an mp3 or ogg file.   Easy as 1 2 3…

Steps:   Copy the YouTube video link   example:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1aSMhAAWg8&fmt=18

Goto mediaconverter.org to convert and download     http://mediaconverter.org/

and that’s it,  your ready for SMC.

Here’s the step by step:

1)  Copy the link to your Video from YouTube

Youtube to VideoPlayer 1 

Goto http://mediaconverter.org/ and Paste in the YouTube link.

Photobucket 

If you are converting wanting to convert the video then select AVI,  else

select mp3 or ogg for a music file.

Photobucket 

I would recommend not setting these values,  let the converter handle it,

based on the YouTube video specs. 

JUST CLICK NEXT STEP.   Advanced users can play with these to

cut down the converted file size.

Photobucket 

A few screens will flash while its doing the conversion:  Coffee break

Photobucket 

Photobucket 

A few minutes later the  Conversion is done.   Time to download the file to your computer.

Photobucket 

Photobucket 

Photobucket 

If you converted a Video for your Fuze, then continue with SMC and convert the AVI file using SMC to the Fuze.

If you created a mp3 or ogg music file, then you know what to do!   Right?  ^.^  (Add it to the Fuze’s Music Folder)

Cheers,

ps.  Advanced users please share your settings that reduce the video file size

Message Edited by niko_sama on 02-02-2009 01:53 PM

Looks interesting, although I tried something similar to this the other day. Tried both that and this app with Hulu.com and neither one worked. They must have some sort of blocking software to prevent downloading or converting. All you can do is watch.

Got a error msg. that the URL wasn’t a valid one. Tried it 3 times. Even tried the one where you can ‘share’ with someone else. Nada.

@tapeworm wrote:

Looks interesting, although I tried something similar to this the other day.

This does work,  Try it .  

@niko_sama wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

Niko did you try it with Hulu?

@conversionbox wrote:

@niko_sama wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

No I have never used huhu,  why would i.   The topic isn’t huhu is it ?    Try Mediaconverter.org     Duh   ><   

oh :O   I didn’t know what Hulu was.   Its a video site like Youtube.    For flash sites other than Youtube.   I usually capture the FLV file using Orbit Downloader’s Grab it!!! utility.     It scans the html stream for the flash files,  giving you a list to download from.     Save the FLV file then use another converter to convert to an avi file.  But is beyond this tutor.      This Tutor is specifically for YouTube :slight_smile:

@conversionbox wrote:

This tutor is for Youtube  :O   I didn’t know what Hulu was but i took a look,  It’s a video site like Youtube.    For flash sites other than Youtube.   I usually capture the FLV file using Orbit Downloader’s Grab it!! utility.     Video sites like to try to hide the video within complicated scripts,  Orbit scans the stream and is pretty good at detecting Flash content.  It will display a list of possible downloads for you to select from.     Then you can download the ones you want.  You can then watch the flv file with vlc or convert it to another format with several free converters.   But that is beyond this tutor.      This Tutor is specifically for YouTube :slight_smile:

This will work with the following sites: 

Supported video portals Free

Premium users

All from the free version and:

For hulu.com  I’m able to capture with “Replay Media Catcher 3.0.1”

There is always away to copy something .   Always  >.<

@niko_sama wrote:

For hulu.com  I’m able to capture with “Replay Media Catcher 3.0.1”

There is always away to copy something .   Always  >.<

Appreciate your help niko. I wasn’t trying to get off-topic before, but I noticed a lot of ‘grabber’ apps that specifically mentioned they would work with Lulu.com or Lulu.tv. I’m still not sure what the heck Lulu is, but it says it’s a publishing website, not a video-hosting site. So I thought all these references were typos and actually meant Hulu.com.

Just tried your suggestion of Replay Media Catcher. Sorry, but I’m not impressed. The ‘free trial’ version only allows you to ‘record’ 75% of any video, not the full length. And the paid version is $40! The way the desciption read is that it ‘records’ in real-time too. Not good for trying to capture say an hour-long TV program or 2 hour movie. Thanks but No Thanks.

Guess I’ll keep looking. Tried the Orbit thing. Wouldn’t work with the Hulu site. Graboid wasn’t any better. Then there was one I tried (I don’t remember the name) that DID download the video I wanted, but the audio was in German, not English, and it was a free limited time trial thing anyway.

Anyway, on with the quest . . .

After a week’'s worth of frustrating failures trying to use another converter (keepvid), only to
be met by a tripping codec-schmodec notice of some kind from the SMC, I was
finally able to successfully download a video onto my Fuze tonight - all thanks to your clear and informative share. 
This gal’s not too old to learn afterall ~Bless you niko!

An older rookie mp3-player player,
Blue

@blue wrote:
After a week’'s worth of frustrating failures trying to use another converter (keepvid), only to
be met by a tripping codec-schmodec notice of some kind from the SMC, I was
finally able to successfully download a video onto my Fuze tonight - all thanks to your clear and informative share. 
This gal’s not too old to learn afterall ~Bless you niko!

An older rookie mp3-player player,
Blue

^__^   I’m glad it helped !  *smiles*

I’ve just tested Free Music Zilla (Google it) and it works prefectly fine with Hulu. Hulu loads videos in a weird way by downloading and playing lots of ~6MB clips of the video but they all go together, but this creates the problem that every 5 mins or so you have to download the next file but it still works! Free Music Zilla advertises that they work with social music sites, but the program pretty much can pickup any stream!

EDIT: I just discovered that the newer version of FMZ does NOT download videos. Instead use the program from the same company called Free Video Zilla! (Just Google it, too!)

Message Edited by gabe565 on 02-03-2009 06:50 PM

Just marking it solved :slight_smile:

there’s a problem- mediaconverter.org updated their website and the videos don’t work!

or did you need the SMC?

Message Edited by random124 on 04-24-2009 02:23 PM

i recommand to use a program called realplayer but you need to have a video converter because the file is in .flv

Looks great. Thanks for sharing this information. I use YouTube2Video to convert & download YouTube videos to MP3, MP4, WAV, etc. It is very easy to use & free of cost.