Re: XP issue

thanks and i would but he's 900 miles away.... so????

no music lost yet. i see if fine on the fuze, but when i go to the mcp mode i don't see it - odd

thanks. i would upgrade but i'm not going to give M$ another dime when i have a legit copy of xp, unless there is a workaround for vaidation. soapbox: i should be able to upgrade my box w/o all the flipping hassle M$ creates!

i wonder if there is a thrid party solution to the MTP situation

SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

It IS possible to get your Windows validated without paying anything. I've done it myself a couple of times. Call MS tech support and explain that you've replaced some parts in your computer, and they should give you a special extra-long activation key that will let XP validate on your new hardware.

Message Edited by gwk1967 on 04-01-2009 12:45 PM
SanDisk Guru

@learnerxyz wrote:

thanks. i would upgrade but i'm not going to give M$ another dime when i have a legit copy of xp, unless there is a workaround for vaidation. soapbox: i should be able to upgrade my box w/o all the flipping hassle M$ creates!

i wonder if there is a thrid party solution to the MTP situation

Call them. Explain that your hard Drive is the same and that you did some other hardware upgrades, and that yyour Windows for some reason windows thinks its not valid. I have done this in the past and they gave me a validation number.

Conversion Box
Did you notice this forum has a search function? Its not impossible to figure that someone else asked your question before you did, and we have answered it(probably multiple times). Check it out! Or Check out the Knowledge Base

SanDisk Fanatic

@learnerxyz wrote:

nope they want a validation too. i'm not paying a dime more

anyone know how to make linux work with this device. 

learnerxyz, are you still up here in the forum? If you didn't manage your issue with the other posters suggestions or still are interested to try out how things work with Linux, just let me know. I am using the Fuze with my Debian Linux computer with no major problems in MSC mode (managed to work in MTP also, but only used for backing up files from Fuze to PC).