XP issue

@learnerxyz wrote:

i’ve read most the posts about xp not working. i got it to work on my bothers computer when visiting him. he copied all my music and audio books to his computer then reformated the fuze.

when i got home my xp pro sp 2 will not see the fuze in the auto mode or mtp; when i change the msc i can see the fuse and my extra 8 gig card. BUT, i can’t see any of the music.

i have music on the ‘native’ 8 gig that is built in that will be lost if i have to reformat it again.

i did some searches and even tried it on my ‘debian’ linux machine with the same results listed above.

gosh! you’d think if sandisk wanted to keep people they’d put a patch out to fix this thing. i’ve got 2 cameras that don’t have an issue, my usb scanner works fine, my 3 ‘thumb’ drive work great. it can’t be that hard.

your cameras scanners and thumb drives are MSC devices. MTP is a Windows media player and rhapsody thing. So Id you Download and install Windows Media PLayer 11, or you go to Microsofts site and get the MTP porting kit, it should work fine.