Why you need more than one MP3 player

I am so glad to have 2 players! I just refreshed the contents of my Fuze…and filling the external memory alone took almost an hour and a half(perhaps due to the card’s class 2 rating?) not to mention the process of deciding what to put on it and what to leave off, both there and the internal memory. But because I also have a Clip, I was at least entertained during all this time. I didn’t play any music on the computer because I didn’t want to slow it down at all. So to anyone who says, " You don’t need to have more than one!" (as I was told when I shared that I had gotten a Clip too) I say, “Bollocks!” :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s a good reason.  Or when you’re transfering music on your Fuze or Clip you can use the other one.  Or if one charge runs out (if that happens).

I thought having a second one for, like exercising or if someone is active or if you’re working outdoors, might be good.  Just an inexpensive one, like the Shaker or the SlotMusic.  Then if it drops or brakes, you don’t have to worry about spending $100 (price of mine when I bought it) on something that broke too soon (doesn’t matter when, just too soon).

Having a low priced AAA battery based player is nice for when you work out, go to the beach, or as a backup in case the battery on the Fuze runs out. I wish Sandisk would make a Slotmusic player with a display and sound quality equal to the Fuze. One could carry it and a spare AAA battery together with the Fuze. If the Fuze runs out of power, just pop the micro SD card out of the Fuze and put it into the Slotmusic player.

After the initial load, putting on new stuff is mostly a matter of waiting for the database refresh. I have other MP3 players, but I don’t bother with it just for those occasional 3-4 minutes.

I’ve had at least two players for several years, though. I had a hard-drive iPod so I could carry most of my music collection around, then a flash-based player to use while running. Now I use my 16GB (8+8) Fuze for everything. It’d be nice to have a big player to hold my (~80GB) music collection plus have room for some movies (my Fuze is too full of music), but its hard to justify.

I think I see a pattern here.

My wife has shoes and purses, and I have Sansas.  The Sansas are more practical, as I can’t wear her shoes (but they do occasionally end up in her purse)!

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

I’ve got two players because I bought a Fuze to keep me going while my e260v2 was RMA’d for a month… It’s back now - but I like the Fuze better!

@dalaug234 wrote:

That’s a good reason.  Or when you’re transfering music on your Fuze or Clip you can use the other one.  Or if one charge runs out (if that happens).

Basically, this is what I meant…being able to listen to one while loading the other or charging the other is a great option :smiley:

@jk98 wrote:
Having a low priced AAA battery based player is nice for when you work out, go to the beach, or as a backup in case the battery on the Fuze runs out. I wish Sandisk would make a Slotmusic player with a display and sound quality equal to the Fuze. One could carry it and a spare AAA battery together with the Fuze. If the Fuze runs out of power, just pop the micro SD card out of the Fuze and put it into the Slotmusic player.

There is something to be said for the idea of the readily available battery, I’ll grant you that, but I would never buy a screen-less player that did not have a shuffle mode :wink:

@bdb wrote:

After the initial load, putting on new stuff is mostly a matter of waiting for the database refresh. I have other MP3 players, but I don’t bother with it just for those occasional 3-4 minutes.

I’ve had at least two players for several years, though. I had a hard-drive iPod so I could carry most of my music collection around, then a flash-based player to use while running. Now I use my 16GB (8+8) Fuze for everything. It’d be nice to have a big player to hold my (~80GB) music collection plus have room for some movies (my Fuze is too full of music), but its hard to justify.

The refresh was nothing compared to the loading process…just sync time alone was around 2 hours…that’s from clicking “start sync” to finish. The loading time was what I was referring to, I listened to the Clip for those 2 hours and while I constructed the sync lists. I do wish I had a player that could hold my entire library(ok Santa, gimme a 16gb microsdhc!) but for now, I will make do with what I have :smiley:

@neutron_bob wrote:

I think I see a pattern here.

My wife has shoes and purses, and I have Sansas.  The Sansas are more practical, as I can’t wear her shoes (but they do occasionally end up in her purse)!

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Point taken Bob…I certainly would buy another one if finances permitted…(4 or 8gb Clip)or a bigger microsdhc card for my Fuze :stuck_out_tongue:

@daytona955 wrote:
I’ve got two players because I bought a Fuze to keep me going while my e260v2 was RMA’d for a month… It’s back now - but I like the Fuze better!

It’s great to have 2, believe me :smileyvery-happy:

I wanted to buy a 4gb Clip for 35 bucks, and kinda wish I had, but I’m happy with my Fuze and decided to spend 80 bucks on a WD Passport Elite 320GB portable HDD.  I needed that, the Clip woulda just been a cool thing to have, and I don’t have that much cash to drop at once, so whatever.  I still love my Fuze, and am happy that I got my hard drive.  I will say though that it would be really nice to get a Clip one of these days, for running, wearing jeans, the beach, loaner, etc.

If playing music on your computer slows down the copying process, then you should better spend your money on a new computer :stuck_out_tongue:

@calv wrote:
If playing music on your computer slows down the copying process, then you should better spend your money on a new computer :stuck_out_tongue:

I may be over-exaggerating the limitations of my computer in that regard, it may have played just fine…but I wouldn’t have been able to use headphones…and at 4:00am, wouldn’t want to wake anyone up :stuck_out_tongue:

Well then… thats really a reason to buy another one :smileyvery-happy: