Why isn't there a 16 GB Fuze?

“sex” vs. “gender”, really? I think we have bigger problems to worry about than political corectness and the puritanical world view.

Back on topic, I doubt 64gb will hit primarily music players for quite a while after 64gb Touch. The Touch needs that much memory, it can run iPhone apps and has wireless networking, never mind a screen that’s big enough to tolerate watching video on. It’s meant for a different demographic and in a different price bracket than music players that happen to play videos. Meanwhile, we know better but to the uninformed consumer the Fuze just a less expensive iPod Nano, and how much memory does the uninformed consumer with their 128k MP3s need?

On the other hand, if more players (heh, and end-users) start to support FLAC, then all bets on the timeline to 64gb are off.

Edit: Ack! I missed a post a ways back.

@fuze_owner-GB, you said:

“I have a player where you have to manually update the Library.  I kind of like the feature, as you can update it when it is convenient for you.”

To clarify, that means manual DB refresh, right? If so, that would completely eliminate my gripe on the matter. It would make large memory on this platform feasible. They’d have to make that an option that defaults to “Auto”, of course, for the less-savvy.

Message Edited by Peach on 09-15-2009 08:37 AM