Why isn't there a 16 GB Fuze?

@marvin_martian wrote:

That’s where multiple players come in handy. Keep a 1 or 2GB Clip around for your podcasts…problem solved!:wink:

That is what I do, so that’s probably why I find 5 minutes so intolerable. :wink:

@jk98 wrote:

“In 5 minutes at work I can go to the ladies room and return to my Fuze…”

Wow! I thought all the regulars here are male.

He never said he wasn’t…

@dennisqwilson wrote:

@jk98 wrote:

He never said he wasn’t…

Well I did say I was a girl on the Photo Thread  

But mostly I figure it doesn’t matter so I don’t say it on every thread… maybe put it in my signature…

Back to topic… I just put more on my 8gb card and need more room! ( Yes I know, I should have just bought the 16gb card…) my internal memory is full too…

"But mostly I figure it doesn’t matter "

I disagree. Most women, even if they use plenty of high tech gear, don’t like to talk about it. I have always wondered why that is the case. I would love to have a wife who would like discussing high tech stuff(I am single).

“Back to topic… I just put more on my 8gb card and need more room! ( Yes I know, I should have just bought the 16gb card…) my internal memory is full too…” 

It seems difficult to find reasonably priced brand name class 6  16 GB micro SDHC cards. I don’t recall seeing any 16 GB micro SDHC cards by Sandisk faster than class 2. I guess class 2 is okay if you don’t change your  music much. Is my math correct? Can it take over 2 hours to fill an empty 16 GB class 2 card?

@jk98 wrote:

"But mostly I figure it doesn’t matter "

I disagree. Most women, even if they use plenty of high tech gear, don’t like to talk about it. I have always wondered why that is the case. I would love to have a wife who would like discussing high tech stuff(I am single).

“Back to topic… I just put more on my 8gb card and need more room! ( Yes I know, I should have just bought the 16gb card…) my internal memory is full too…” 

It seems difficult to find reasonably priced brand name class 6  16 GB micro SDHC cards. I don’t recall seeing any 16 GB micro SDHC cards by Sandisk faster than class 2. I guess class 2 is okay if you don’t change your  music much. Is my math correct? Can it take over 2 hours to fill an empty 16 GB class 2 card?

And how much difference would there be between loading the card through a card reader and loading it while inserted in the Fuze? I think you could bypass the issue somewhat by using the card for the music you planned to keep on your player, and use the internal memory for swapping content…it wouldn’t eliminate refresh time, but it would save on load time, I think.

Message Edited by Marvin_Martian on 09-11-2009 02:03 PM

“And how much difference would there be between loading the card through a card reader and loading it while inserted in the Fuze?”

They will probably be same. On Amazon the 16 GB class 2 Sandisk micro SDHC card is under $40, yet in many stores it seems to be $65-100! I find this huge price difference to be amazing. On other brands of cards the prices in stores are much closer to the Amazon price. Why is that the case? Is the MSRP on the Sandisk cards

very high? This is probably costing Sandisk plenty of market share. I think many people might pay 10-20% more for a Sandisk card than another well known brand, but if the Sandisk card is priced 50% higher, or double the other brand, few people would probably buy the Sandisk card, even if it is for use in a Sandisk player.

Yeah, unfortunately, Sandisk cards are expensive.  At Newegg there’s a bunch of 16GB Class 6 cards at the $50 price point.  The Sandisk card costs $55 and is only Class 2.  And like you said, retail stores are much worse with prices typically 100% more than online.

I’d pay a little more for Sandisk and a little more for instant gratification, but I’m not going to pay double.

@dalaug234 wrote:

But mostly I figure it doesn’t matter so I don’t say it on every thread… maybe put it in my signature…

It shouldn’t and doesn’t matter. Not in the least! We’re an EOF (Equal Opportunity Forum) here. Nobody has to divulge what ethnicity they are or where they live, so why should it matter what sex one is?

The discussions we have here and the thoughts expressed by any member have nothing to do with whether that person has X or Y chromosomes.

I have a player where you have to manually update the Library.  I kind of like the feature, as you can update it when it is convenient for you.

@dalaug234 wrote:

@dennisqwilson wrote:

@jk98 wrote:

He never said he wasn’t…

Back to topic… I just put more on my 8gb card and need more room! ( Yes I know, I should have just bought the 16gb card…) my internal memory is full too…

I am also female.  woot.  :wink:

I also need more space.  If Apple are going up to 64GB on the touch lord knows Sandisk can on the fuze, or any other player they can bring out (for half - or much less -  the price and better sound). 

@summerlove wrote:

I also need more space.  If Apple are going up to 64GB on the touch lord knows Sandisk can on the fuze, or any other player they can bring out (for half - or much less -  the price and better sound). 

I’ve managed to fit everything I at least semi-regularly listen to on one 16GB, and one 8GB player, audio-wise. That would leave no room for podcasts, video, etc. So I think I could be content with a 32GB player…it wouldn’t hold my whole library, but have enough room for the the important stuff, with room for some vids/podcasts.  For shuffle purposes though, an 8 is good enough for the real heavy rotation stuff.

Hello Summerlove.

I hope Sandisk comes out with a player with 32GB internal memory, and a full sized SDXC card slot. I hope it will also have at least 50 hours of battery life, and the option to disable tag browsing so there is no delay to refresh the database(imagine how long a database refresh would take with 64 GB of songs!). There are some people who want at least 64 GB of space, and don’t want a player with a hard drive.

@summerlove wrote:

I am also female.  woot.  :wink:

That was easy to figure out given your screen name. :stuck_out_tongue:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@summerlove wrote:

I’ve managed to fit everything I at least semi-regularly listen to on one 16GB, and one 8GB player, audio-wise. That would leave no room for podcasts, video, etc. So I think I could be content with a 32GB player…it wouldn’t hold my whole library, but have enough room for the the important stuff, with room for some vids/podcasts.  For shuffle purposes though, an 8 is good enough for the real heavy rotation stuff.

Must be nice.  Even if the 1TB cards became available tomorrow, it wouldn’t be enough room for me to carry around my entire collection, even in compressed format…:cry:

@jk98 wrote:

There are some people who want at least 64 GB of space, and don’t want a player with a hard drive.

Yup. I’ve got a perfectly fine 24gb Fuze. I’m not buying a new player until I can at least double that storage. And I really don’t want to be forced to buy an expensive 32gb microSD (when available) form factor when the same or greater memory could be supplied onboard at much lower cost.

@jk98 wrote:

Hello Summerlove.

I hope Sandisk comes out with a player with 32GB internal memory, and a full sized SDXC card slot. I hope it will also have at least 50 hours of battery life, and the option to disable tag browsing so there is no delay to refresh the database(imagine how long a database refresh would take with 64 GB of songs!). There are some people who want at least 64 GB of space, and don’t want a player with a hard drive.

Well since apple have done 64gb flash memory now, everyone else is bound to follow eventually.  Wouldn’t surprise me if we had more options before the end of the year. Expandible memory is also great (obviously), but it would be nice to have larger onboard memory.  The database refresh would probably cause apoplexy though… that is a very good point.

@jk98 wrote:

OOkkkaaayyy enough about genders!:angry:

@tapeworm wrote:

@dalaug234 wrote:

It shouldn’t and doesn’t matter. Not in the least! We’re an EOF (Equal Opportunity Forum) here. Nobody has to divulge what ethnicity they are or where they live, so why should it matter what sex one is?

Okay this thread is making me sick! please change this                               ^ to gender. i understand what your talking about. But…

Message Edited by sansafinder on 09-12-2009 07:52 PM

@sansafinder wrote:

Okay this thread is making me sick! please change this ^ to gender. i understand what your talking about. But…

It’s called equal rights, freedom of speech, & no discrimination based on differences. Something you’ll learn about in school and life when you grow up. 

But . . . now I think it’s time for someone to take their nap.

@tapeworm wrote:

@sansafinder wrote:

Okay this thread is making me sick! please change this ^ to gender. i understand what your talking about. But…

It’s called equal rights, freedom of speech, & no discrimination based on differences. Something you’ll learn about in school and life when you grow up. 

But . . . now I think it’s time for someone to take their nap.

Some medication might also be in order.

:wink: