Highlighted
SanDisk Professor

Re: Why isn't there a 16 GB Fuze?

@Peach wrote:
A 5-minute refresh every single day would be a dealbreaker for me.

Its already close to that with a 16GB Fuze filled to the gills. So, double that for a 32GB, and then double it again for 32GB+32GB MicroSDHC. A 64GB Fuze would be awesome, but a 20-minute refresh would be not awesome.

SanDisk Senior User

bdb wrote: 

Its already close to that with a 16GB Fuze filled to the gills. So, double that for a 32GB, and then double it again for 32GB+32GB MicroSDHC. A 64GB Fuze would be awesome, but a 20-minute refresh would be not awesome.

Not if it's loaded with FLAC files. 64gb is a paradigm shifter for how one views and uses a flash player, especially now that super cheap disk storage has enabled large libraries of lossless music files.

SanDisk User

@Marvin_Martian wrote:

That's where multiple players come in handy. Keep a 1 or 2GB Clip around for your podcasts....problem solved!Smiley Wink

That is what I do, so that's probably why I find 5 minutes so intolerable. Smiley Wink

--
She is looking at you ; So maybe you're looking too
Do you want to be her or don't you? ; Of course you do
But would she be you? /* Ladytron - Jet Age */
SanDisk User

@JK98 wrote:

"In 5 minutes at work I can go to the ladies room and return to my Fuze.."

Wow! I thought all the regulars here are male.

He never said he wasn't...

SanDisk Professor

@dennisqwilson wrote:

@JK98 wrote:

"In 5 minutes at work I can go to the ladies room and return to my Fuze.."

Wow! I thought all the regulars here are male.

He never said he wasn't...

Well I did say I was a girl on the Photo Thread  

But mostly I figure it doesn't matter so I don't say it on every thread... maybe put it in my signature...

Back to topic.... I just put more on my 8gb card and need more room! ( Yes I know, I should have just bought the 16gb card...) my internal memory is full too...

SanDisk Guru

"But mostly I figure it doesn't matter "

I disagree. Most women, even if they use plenty of high tech gear, don't like to talk about it. I have always wondered why that is the case. I would love to have a wife who would like discussing high tech stuff(I am single).

"Back to topic.... I just put more on my 8gb card and need more room! ( Yes I know, I should have just bought the 16gb card...) my internal memory is full too..." 

It seems difficult to find reasonably priced brand name class 6  16 GB micro SDHC cards. I don't recall seeing any 16 GB micro SDHC cards by Sandisk faster than class 2. I guess class 2 is okay if you don't change your  music much. Is my math correct? Can it take over 2 hours to fill an empty 16 GB class 2 card?

SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

@JK98 wrote:

"But mostly I figure it doesn't matter "

I disagree. Most women, even if they use plenty of high tech gear, don't like to talk about it. I have always wondered why that is the case. I would love to have a wife who would like discussing high tech stuff(I am single).

"Back to topic.... I just put more on my 8gb card and need more room! ( Yes I know, I should have just bought the 16gb card...) my internal memory is full too..." 

It seems difficult to find reasonably priced brand name class 6  16 GB micro SDHC cards. I don't recall seeing any 16 GB micro SDHC cards by Sandisk faster than class 2. I guess class 2 is okay if you don't change your  music much. Is my math correct? Can it take over 2 hours to fill an empty 16 GB class 2 card?

And how much difference would there be between loading the card through a card reader and loading it while inserted in the Fuze? I think you could bypass the issue somewhat by using the card for the music you planned to keep on your player, and use the internal memory for swapping content....it wouldn't eliminate refresh time, but it would save on load time, I think.

Message Edited by Marvin_Martian on 09-11-2009 02:03 PM
iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

SanDisk Guru

"And how much difference would there be between loading the card through a card reader and loading it while inserted in the Fuze?"

They will probably be same. On Amazon the 16 GB class 2 Sandisk micro SDHC card is under $40, yet in many stores it seems to be $65-100! I find this huge price difference to be amazing. On other brands of cards the prices in stores are much closer to the Amazon price. Why is that the case? Is the MSRP on the Sandisk cards

very high? This is probably costing Sandisk plenty of market share. I think many people might pay 10-20% more for a Sandisk card than another well known brand, but if the Sandisk card is priced 50% higher, or double the other brand, few people would probably buy the Sandisk card, even if it is for use in a Sandisk player.

SanDisk Professor

Yeah, unfortunately, Sandisk cards are expensive.  At Newegg there's a bunch of 16GB Class 6 cards at the $50 price point.  The Sandisk card costs $55 and is only Class 2.  And like you said, retail stores are much worse with prices typically 100% more than online.

I'd pay a little more for Sandisk and a little more for instant gratification, but I'm not going to pay double.

SanDisk Guru

@Dalaug234 wrote:

Well I did say I was a girl on the Photo Thread  

But mostly I figure it doesn't matter so I don't say it on every thread... maybe put it in my signature...

It shouldn't and doesn't matter. Not in the least! We're an EOF (Equal Opportunity Forum) here. Nobody has to divulge what ethnicity they are or where they live, so why should it matter what sex one is?

The discussions we have here and the thoughts expressed by any member have nothing to do with whether that person has X or Y chromosomes.