Why does it download all the pics everytime I plug it to my computer to recharge the battery?

SanDisk Guru

Re: Why does it download all the pics everytime I plug it to my computer to recharge the battery?

Windows Media Player thinks you want to sync.

Either change the Settings/USB Mode to MSC, which will make all transfers manual, or, when you are connected, open Windows Media Player and look in Tools/Options under Sync to un-check automatic synching. If you don't see Tools in Windows Media Player, click on the very top part of the player to reveal that menu. 

Can't Connect? Other Problems? Answers
SanDisk Guru

Re: Why does it download all the pics everytime I plug it to my computer to recharge the battery?

In short, your media player is automatically synchronizing with your player.

Two things are happening in sequence, and should be addressed.

First, with the player plugged in, why not watch the computer's display?   It will give you indications of what is taking place.  Open a windows explorer window (My Computer), and right click on the Sansa.  Select the AutoRun tab and look who's been selected to open when you plug in your Sansa.  If Windows Media Player is selected, simply uncheck it.

Now, on to your photos.  In Windows Media Player, select the Sync tab, then select the wee bar at the bottom of this button.  Go to Set Up Sync, then you have the option of turning off automatic synchronization, or deselect the listing "All Photos" from the list.

While you're in there, deselect things like "favorite TV shows from last week" and the ominous "All Music".  You can always manually select any albums you desire by drag and drop from the library to the "sync pane".

Bob  Smiley Very Happy