Why does Windows Media Player Dump Existing MP3s when I add new ones to SD memory card?

Why does Windows Media Player Dump Existing MP3s when I add new ones to SD memory card?

Is there a setting I am missing or something I have overlooked?

It thinks it knows better than you do, I hate when Microsoft products do that… actually I hate MS products full stop.

You have a setting wrong in WMP. There was an option when you set up your sync options were it asks about Leaving current songs on, or if you want it to delete them. I will have too look at how to change it and I will post back.

All I could Find for right now Is this. I will try to get WMP to give me the option again.

Plug the player into the computer (If you get an autostart menu just close it), Open WMP then go to the Sync Tab, and click the little arrow below it, then go down on the list to your fuze, a fly out menu will pop up and in that menu you go down to Set Up Sync, and a window called Device Setup will open, At the top left corner, there is a check box that says Sync this device automatically, make sure this is unchecked.If you get a menu when you plug it in, that has to options that wants to know if you want to leave you music on, or delete it and make room for new files, make sure the Leave music on my device option is clicked. You need to be sure Auto Sync is off, and that WMp is not deleting you music so you can add more.

Thanks for the heads up on that one…it was afterall right in front of me.

THANK YOU!