Why can't I see full artist, album, title info at a glance?

@jk98 wrote:

Classical music is a real pain to manage using tags. Sometimes for example the artist might be listed as Mozart, while at other times it might be listed as NY Philharmonic. What is really needed is two tags, composer and performer. Perhaps for classical the artist tag should be used for composer, and the album tag for performer? Of course this would involve plenty of tag editing, but the artist tag seems to either show the composer or performer.

In this case I usually use Album Artist for the composer and Artist for the performer.  I do the same for tribute albums: Album Artist for the band/artist to whom the tribute is dedicated and artist for the band/artist performing the tribute.  Same for compilations: Album Artist = Various Artists, Artist = performer of individual song.

This works great in tools like Winamp where you can group by Album Artist to see all your Motzart together or group by Artist to get all your NY Philharmonic together.  Best of both worlds.

Of course, it doesn’t help much with the Fuze since it doesn’t support Album Artist.  There have been some requests for this mainly to help deal with compilations, but it would help in these other scenarios as well.  Hopefully an Album Artist browse will be implemented eventually.