White screen

Hi! I bought a FUZE last September and since last week it’s just a white screen, I can still hear my music and everything but the screen seemd to work good.

Can you assist me with this?

Did you try Sliding the on switch to the up position, and holding it there for 15-20 seconds. If this is no help call SanDisk tech Support, it sounds like your screen is burnt out.

@jcolon007 wrote:

Hi! I bought a FUZE last September and since last week it’s just a white screen, I can still hear my music and everything but the screen seemd to work good.

Searching this forum for ‘white screen’ gives 89 results, could you not find the answer to your question in all of those results?

You did not even need to go through the registration process to find them.

If I was a mod I would lock these types of ‘I am so lazy I don’t want to think for myself, I want to be spoon feed’ posts.

hazza,

We do appreciate the assistance you have given to our forum users however, this is your last warning, if you continue to belittle our forum users with comments such as the above I will ban you. You are not assisting anyone with comments such as these. Again I hesitate to set a ban now however this is your last chance. If you continue with this behavior you will earn yourself a permanent vacation.

Forum Admin

slotmonsta

Message Edited by slotmonsta on 02-10-2009 10:31 AM

@hazza wrote:

@jcolon007 wrote:

Searching this forum for ‘white screen’ gives 89 results, could you not find the answer to your question in all of those results?

If I was a mod I would lock these types of ‘I am so lazy I don’t want to think for myself, I want to be spoon feed’ posts.

Hazza… Dude… Its gettin old. Instead of tearing people down why not just help? If I were a mod I would lock you out for a while. Some of us are tired of apologizing to upset new people for your rude responses. 

@hazza wrote:

@jcolon007 wrote:

Thankfully your not a MOD.  Maybe you have napoleon syndrome?   Got some irresistible need to micro manage things?  Most of your posts whine about how Sansa customers come here and ask for help.   Guess what life’s not perfect.   LOL.  I’m sorry Hazza I fail to see how you help people with your rants,  most likely they will come here once.  And not bother to read them.   Stop whining on the internet like an old woman.

Remember this is a Sansa Support Forum.   The people who come here have paid good money for a product and they have questions and are looking for answers,  they will ask in many ways and most won’t bother to search forever before posting.  It’s the way it is.

My Hero on this site so far is neutron_bob ,  he helps people,  doesn’t whine,  and contributes to each topic he posts. In a positive way :stuck_out_tongue:

Fix your FAQ so it reflects customer service.   Save Sansa Customers.  Don’t send them the wrong vibe that they are doing something wrong by posting on a forum that they have every right to post on.

I’m Done.  Internet drama isn’t worth posting, but sometimes I fail and have to voice my opinion.   Sorry in advance, Sansa Users and Mods for this post.  I couldn’t help it :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s right, gentlemen!  It’s easier to help than to put our new visitor down.  Imagine having to wade through those 89 results, wondering which one has a solution.

Now imagine doing just that with a blank display.

First, I’d recommend doing a soft reset of your Fuze: hold the power switch in the ON position for 15 seconds, release, and power up again.  See if the display responds.

Remember, you can still access the player from your computer if the display is blank.

Let’s try applying a new copy of the firmware to your Sansa, in hopes that it’s a software issue over hardware.  Odds are that you have a revision 1 device, so let’s try installing that firmware first (unit purchased in Sep 08).

Follow the instructions in this threadto install a new copy of the firmware.  Use the 01.01.22 version first.  If you have any difficulties with the process, call Support at 1-866-SANDISK and we can walk you through the installation.

If it’s determined that your unit has a hardware issue, the staff can help you out with a replacement.  The Fuze is warranted for one full year.

µsansa